Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I prevent aspen sprouts from coming up in my lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Quaking aspen trees propagate by underground stems, suckers that extend from the base of the tree. Surrounding the root system with an underground barrier will confine the root system, but this strategy is usually impractical. Suckers are more prolific when trees are stressed, so maintain good tree vigor with deep infrequent irrigation, sufficient fertilizer and minimal disturbance to the root system. Avoid pruning aspen trees severely or they will respond with additional suckering.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Something is digging up my bulbs (tulips, daffs, etc.) and eating them. I know I have a squirrel in my yard, but do they eat bulbs? What else would dig things up and eat them?
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
- Yesterday I applied "Scotts Turf Builder Plus 2 Weed Control" to my lawn. Unfortunately, I had the drop spreader set incorrectly. As a result I later discovered that I had accidently applied 4-5 times as much fertizer as specified on the bag. Will this damage the lawn? Is there anything I can do to prevent damage?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- Do you test soil?