Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I prevent aspen sprouts from coming up in my lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Quaking aspen trees propagate by underground stems, suckers that extend from the base of the tree. Surrounding the root system with an underground barrier will confine the root system, but this strategy is usually impractical. Suckers are more prolific when trees are stressed, so maintain good tree vigor with deep infrequent irrigation, sufficient fertilizer and minimal disturbance to the root system. Avoid pruning aspen trees severely or they will respond with additional suckering.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you test soil?
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- Why are my cherries wormy?