Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I prevent aspen sprouts from coming up in my lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Quaking aspen trees propagate by underground stems, suckers that extend from the base of the tree. Surrounding the root system with an underground barrier will confine the root system, but this strategy is usually impractical. Suckers are more prolific when trees are stressed, so maintain good tree vigor with deep infrequent irrigation, sufficient fertilizer and minimal disturbance to the root system. Avoid pruning aspen trees severely or they will respond with additional suckering.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How and when can I transplant small, 6-12 inch and medium, 5 ft joshua trees? The latter is more important at this point since it would be a shame to lose it.
- Why are my cherries wormy?
- How do I keep stray animals out of my yard?
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- I am wondering if I have some sort of fungus in my lawn.
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- Why do maple tree and burning bush leaf edges turn brown in mid-summer?