Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
Without seeing the weed you are struggling with in your lawn it is difficult to give you control options. I think what you are describing is oxalis or wood sorrel. For this perennial weed, it is probably best to control it with both a pre-emergent herbicide as well as a broadleaf herbicide spray (when temperatures are below 85 degrees F). I have attached an article for you to read more about this weed. http://www.larrysagers.com/weeklyarticles/fall_action_helps_stop_weeds_in_spring_92-10-08.html. Good Luck.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- We currently have an elm tree in our front yard. It has been diagnosed with slime flux. We would like to plant another tree next to it,seeing as they said the stump was so big that they would just leave it. Will this cause a problem for any other trees? We want another large shade tree. Will it get the slime flux too if we plant it near it?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- I have beautiful hosta and fern plants growing outside. How do I protect them so they will survive the winter? Do I need to dig them up and bring them inside?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?