Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
Without seeing the weed you are struggling with in your lawn it is difficult to give you control options. I think what you are describing is oxalis or wood sorrel. For this perennial weed, it is probably best to control it with both a pre-emergent herbicide as well as a broadleaf herbicide spray (when temperatures are below 85 degrees F). I have attached an article for you to read more about this weed. http://www.larrysagers.com/weeklyarticles/fall_action_helps_stop_weeds_in_spring_92-10-08.html. Good Luck.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I put in my soil to loosen it up so it does not turn into clumps of heavy mud when wet?
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?
- Whenever I go into the supermarket in the summer time I see people picking out watermelons and talking about bee stings as indicators of a good melon, but I thought bees only sting when threatened and that the sting contains a venom. Is there any correlation between the marks on watermelon and bees? Adam
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- A landscaping company planted 6 jaquemonti birch in my yard at the end of May. Two of them recently began developing darkish brown leaf spots in the center. They are getting plenty of water. On one of the leaves I found very tiny black insects. I did not find insects on any of the other leaves. What could the problem be and what should I do about it. I picked the infected leaves off that I could reach. I also collected the insects.
- About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?