Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
Without seeing the weed you are struggling with in your lawn it is difficult to give you control options. I think what you are describing is oxalis or wood sorrel. For this perennial weed, it is probably best to control it with both a pre-emergent herbicide as well as a broadleaf herbicide spray (when temperatures are below 85 degrees F). I have attached an article for you to read more about this weed. http://www.larrysagers.com/weeklyarticles/fall_action_helps_stop_weeds_in_spring_92-10-08.html. Good Luck.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have successfully grown summer squash for many years, but this year the newer leaves on the plants (sunburst hybrid) are wilting and dying, despite (or because of?) the cool wet June weather we are experiencing. The more mature leaves seem to be okay. I cut one of the leaves off at its base and didn't see any evidence of insect infestation in the stem or on the leaf. The base of the plant also appears to be free of insect infestation. Do you know what might be causing the problem, can it be treated, or do I need to pull up the plants, and if so, can I put new plants in the same location (the rest of the garden space is already filled)?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- I have a new laurel plant whose leaves have turned half brown. Is this caused by heat?
- I want to plant a lilac hedge. I've never done lilacs before - how far apart should I plant them? Can I do a double row for a thicker hedge? If so, how far apart should the rows be? How fast do they grow? Do they need special care (they will be pretty close to a fairly busy road)? Can I plant them now, or should I wait until it's a little warmer? What are their fertilizer and water requirements? Will they be useful as a bit of a wind- and soundbreak? Thank you.
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- How do I get rid of the Quaking Aspen suckers that are coming up in my lawn without hurting the trees or the grass?