Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
Without seeing the weed you are struggling with in your lawn it is difficult to give you control options. I think what you are describing is oxalis or wood sorrel. For this perennial weed, it is probably best to control it with both a pre-emergent herbicide as well as a broadleaf herbicide spray (when temperatures are below 85 degrees F). I have attached an article for you to read more about this weed. http://www.larrysagers.com/weeklyarticles/fall_action_helps_stop_weeds_in_spring_92-10-08.html. Good Luck.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Something is eating my garden. HELP! At first I thought it was snails because there were quite a few holes in the leaves of my beans and squash. Now, there are just skeleton leaves left of half my garden. I have treated for snails with PAX and for other insects with Seven. I have looked for squash bugs but to no avail. I have seen a great many ants and earwigs. Oh, and my tomatoes seem fine. Any tips?
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- We moved into our 2-story home in Lehi 1 year ago. The tree out front (which I planned to have my husband cut donw) has doubled in height since then. I don't know what kind of tree it is...medium size, darkish leaves. How do we (and when should we) cut it down to prevent it from sending up suckers?
- Two questions; I have an dwarf Honey Crisp apple tree that is about 5 years old. Last year it had a dozen apples. I didn't disturb the fruit spurs when I picked the fruit. This year there were no blossoms on the tree. I didn't prune it at all. What can I do to help it produce every year? Second question; I have peach borers in the main branches of my nectarine tree. The tree seems healthy other than the borers. What can I do about them at this point? Will it help to dig them out? Will it help to spray? Will they winter over to next year?
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?