Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
Rate This FAQ
Cut off spent flowers after the plant is through blooming, but before setting seed to allow all photosynthesized energy to replenish bulbs. Let foliage grow as long as possible during the spring and early summer and remove it only after it has died back and turned brown.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are there any crops I can plant now (mid-July) in my garden as my early vegetables finish? My sugar snap peas, onions, beets, spinach, etc. have all left empty space in the garden I'd like to put to use. What are the best choices for fall harvest in the Salt Lake Valley?
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- Our tomato plants are out of control. They have out grown the cages and are taking over the garden. What can we do?
- Tomato tutorial
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- I'm wondering if there is a variety of Almond tree that grows well in Davis county. And, are they self-fertile? Can they be grown near nectarines? (I've read that they shouldn't be grown near peaches as they can develop a bitter taste.)
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.