Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
Rate This FAQ
Cut off spent flowers after the plant is through blooming, but before setting seed to allow all photosynthesized energy to replenish bulbs. Let foliage grow as long as possible during the spring and early summer and remove it only after it has died back and turned brown.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I stay on top of yard and garden problems?
- do ants eat one another?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- Our tomato plants are out of control. They have out grown the cages and are taking over the garden. What can we do?
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.
- I am wrapping up my garden for the year. I have been looking at adding horse manure to my garden soil to boost the organic matter in it. This year I added NutriMulch (turkey manure blend) and that worked out well, but was expensive. I'm concerned about the soil quality. I notice that it's pretty hard when in big dry clods. Would I be hurting my garden to add green horse manure now, and tilling it in? I've read a little about deficiencies in the soil because of too much horse manure, so if it's safe or even a good idea to add to a garden, how much is the right amount?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?