Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
Rate This FAQ
Cut off spent flowers after the plant is through blooming, but before setting seed to allow all photosynthesized energy to replenish bulbs. Let foliage grow as long as possible during the spring and early summer and remove it only after it has died back and turned brown.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the shelf life of fertilizer? I have some bags that have been stored in an outside shed and wondered whether they can be used or should be discarded.
- I purchased several pepper plants from a local nursery this spring one of them I do not know if the fruit is a pepper. They are black fruit about the size of a grape, full of seeds, and they do not smell hot, all the others are jalapeno.
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- When is the best time for transplanting Mint. I have some that is in a bad location and I need to move it.
- How do I get rid of snails and slugs?
- How do I store my summer bulbs?
- You have some history on the popularity of apples?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.