Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
Rate This FAQ
Cut off spent flowers after the plant is through blooming, but before setting seed to allow all photosynthesized energy to replenish bulbs. Let foliage grow as long as possible during the spring and early summer and remove it only after it has died back and turned brown.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- How do I store my summer bulbs?
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- I live in Dayton,Id. I seem to have a lot of trouble with blossom end rot on my tomatoes. What could I be doing wrong? To much water not enough or wrong fertilizer? Need suggestions.
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.
- Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
- Can I grow strawberries in pots? Will they survive winter in pots? Will they produce if they only get afternoon sun? Where can I learn more on this topic?
- A look at gardening catalog terms