Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
Rate This FAQ
Cut off spent flowers after the plant is through blooming, but before setting seed to allow all photosynthesized energy to replenish bulbs. Let foliage grow as long as possible during the spring and early summer and remove it only after it has died back and turned brown.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
- Do you have nutrient information on fall vegetables?
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- I understand that Ace 55 tomatoes are low in acid. Is it unwise to use them for canning even if Lemon Juice is added?
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- Putting more color in your landscape
- I heard there is an organism in garden soil that can be harmful to pregnant women. Is this true?
- How many ears of corn grow on one stalk?