Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.
Rate This FAQ
Plants grown indoors often suffer the symptoms that you describe. They simply are not getting enough light. Most herbs and vegetables need a minimum of 6 hours of direct outdoor sunlight or 12 hours of florescent light. When using artificial light it must be within a few inches of the plants.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?