Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
Rate This FAQ
I am assuming that your grape leaves that are yellowing have veins that are a darker green color than the surrounding tissue. This is iron chlorosis and the reason that your iron application did not work is 1)it may not have been chelated iron. Chelated iron works best in our soils 2)it was applied too late in the season. It should be applied in spring just as the leaf buds swell and are starting to open. When applied mid-summer,when all the leaves are full size, it does very little good. There are foliar sprays that work temporarily, but are not long lasting. They could be applied now. Next year, apply chelated iron in the spring at leaf bud swell. Also watch the watering. Overwatering causes chlorosis.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
- I have an 11 year old sugar maple. For the past few years the leaves have been getting more and more yellow. I bought an iron product, read the directions, and sprinkled it around the base. Instead of turning green the leaves are still yellow and small brown spots all over them. Help!
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- A friend has recommended an Epsom salt solution for my garden plants. How are Epsom salts used here? I know they add mag to the soil if it is depleted but I didn't think they were used in alkaline soils... do they have any benefits? Will they help me grow blueberries etc., stuff that needs acidic soil? Research says that Epsom doesn't change the ph much but I know sulfur is good.
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?