Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
Rate This FAQ
I am assuming that your grape leaves that are yellowing have veins that are a darker green color than the surrounding tissue. This is iron chlorosis and the reason that your iron application did not work is 1)it may not have been chelated iron. Chelated iron works best in our soils 2)it was applied too late in the season. It should be applied in spring just as the leaf buds swell and are starting to open. When applied mid-summer,when all the leaves are full size, it does very little good. There are foliar sprays that work temporarily, but are not long lasting. They could be applied now. Next year, apply chelated iron in the spring at leaf bud swell. Also watch the watering. Overwatering causes chlorosis.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- Your answer about watering wasn't specific enough for me. My tomatoes have always cracked and it wasn't until last year that I got the vague answer about uneven watering. Now I'm beginning to think that my gallon a day watering of my one little plant was too much. I also have a drip system that waters three times a week just under the soil at the base of the plant. Should I stop being a helicopter mom and leave it just to the drip system? My plant is a foot high, been in the ground with lots of organic material and has a few small tomatoes. Please tell me how much and how often to water.
- Now that the snow has melted off our lawn, we notice there are winding "trails" through the grass. One of the trails goes from a patch of vince major ground cover, across the grass to another patch of vinca major ground cover. It looks like something has pushed up the black plastic lawn edging enough to crawl underneath. There is no soil excavation on top of the lawn; only tunnels through the grass. We've never had moles or voles before that I know of so I don't know what habits they have. Do you think it could be a mouse or maybe a mole or vole? What's the best way to get ride of it?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?