Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
Rate This FAQ
I am assuming that your grape leaves that are yellowing have veins that are a darker green color than the surrounding tissue. This is iron chlorosis and the reason that your iron application did not work is 1)it may not have been chelated iron. Chelated iron works best in our soils 2)it was applied too late in the season. It should be applied in spring just as the leaf buds swell and are starting to open. When applied mid-summer,when all the leaves are full size, it does very little good. There are foliar sprays that work temporarily, but are not long lasting. They could be applied now. Next year, apply chelated iron in the spring at leaf bud swell. Also watch the watering. Overwatering causes chlorosis.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- We would like to remove the lawn from a large area around some 40-50 ft pine trees and cover the area with decorative bark. The roots are close enough to the surface in some areas that using a sod cutter would damage the trees. Would it work to just spray the grass with a killer, such as Roundup, and then put the bark directly on the dead grass? Would this affect the trees in the areas of the partially exposed roots? Any other suggestions?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?