Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
Rate This FAQ
I am assuming that your grape leaves that are yellowing have veins that are a darker green color than the surrounding tissue. This is iron chlorosis and the reason that your iron application did not work is 1)it may not have been chelated iron. Chelated iron works best in our soils 2)it was applied too late in the season. It should be applied in spring just as the leaf buds swell and are starting to open. When applied mid-summer,when all the leaves are full size, it does very little good. There are foliar sprays that work temporarily, but are not long lasting. They could be applied now. Next year, apply chelated iron in the spring at leaf bud swell. Also watch the watering. Overwatering causes chlorosis.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- We have several ornamental trees such as flowering pear and cherry, they have holes in the trunk and are weeping in some places.We are trying to save them, we have sprayed them with imidan for a couple years and it has'nt taken care of the problem. It would be horrible if they were destoyed. Do you have any suggestions that would help. We also have several fruit bearing trees that we don't want infested. I understand there is better spray out there but you have to be licensed, I'm not sure how much time these trees have, but we'll do whatever we can.