Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How is the best way to kill morning glory weeds in a new lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Morning glory (aka field bindweed) is most responsive to herbicides in the fall when it is taking in nutrients to last through the winter. Spraying broadleaf herbicides now, when the temperature is above 85 won't work and will do damage to other plants. Wait till fall and spray your lawn with something that has trimec in it, or states that it will kill bindweed, oxalis and clover. Put a surfactant in it to make it stay on the foliage. Also, mow your lawn long during the summer. A thick, long lawn will help crowd out weeds.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- What are the best shade trees to plant in syracuse? Is it true that if they are fast growing they tend to break easily? Is that common or am I worrying to much about that?
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?
- What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?