Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How is the best way to kill morning glory weeds in a new lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Morning glory (aka field bindweed) is most responsive to herbicides in the fall when it is taking in nutrients to last through the winter. Spraying broadleaf herbicides now, when the temperature is above 85 won't work and will do damage to other plants. Wait till fall and spray your lawn with something that has trimec in it, or states that it will kill bindweed, oxalis and clover. Put a surfactant in it to make it stay on the foliage. Also, mow your lawn long during the summer. A thick, long lawn will help crowd out weeds.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have about an acre of commercial property that I want to control all vegetation. Is there a good ground sterilizer on the market? Where can I purchase it?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?