Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How is the best way to kill morning glory weeds in a new lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Morning glory (aka field bindweed) is most responsive to herbicides in the fall when it is taking in nutrients to last through the winter. Spraying broadleaf herbicides now, when the temperature is above 85 won't work and will do damage to other plants. Wait till fall and spray your lawn with something that has trimec in it, or states that it will kill bindweed, oxalis and clover. Put a surfactant in it to make it stay on the foliage. Also, mow your lawn long during the summer. A thick, long lawn will help crowd out weeds.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have several Dwarf Blue Arctic Willows in my yard. This year they were full of some kind of wasp or bee. I waited until winter and the leaves dropped off to see if there was a hive or nest and there does not seem to be one. In looking for the nest I noticed some small black bugs on the wood. What should I do, if anything and are the two pests related in any way?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- I have lived in a 50 year old home in Murray for 11 years. I have plants trees, bushes, perrenials, annuals, vegetables (nothing exotic). The trees seem to grow normal but a lot of the plants don't seem to grow much. They flower and look normal but not much growth. I have worked the ground a lot with mulch and commercial fertilizer but do not use manure or fish emulsion because my dog tries to eat it. What can I do to stimulate growth in my gardens?
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?
- How do I prevent aspen sprouts from coming up in my lawn?
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- Do you have information on soil testing?