Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How is the best way to kill morning glory weeds in a new lawn?
Rate This FAQ
Morning glory (aka field bindweed) is most responsive to herbicides in the fall when it is taking in nutrients to last through the winter. Spraying broadleaf herbicides now, when the temperature is above 85 won't work and will do damage to other plants. Wait till fall and spray your lawn with something that has trimec in it, or states that it will kill bindweed, oxalis and clover. Put a surfactant in it to make it stay on the foliage. Also, mow your lawn long during the summer. A thick, long lawn will help crowd out weeds.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?
- I moved into my house, from out of state, with a yard full of weeds (dandelions, morning glories, etc.) When would be a good time to treat them? Before or after winter hits? Any suggestions of products to use? Thanks!
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- Our grass is dying and we suspect a worm/grub problem since we have seen some yellowish worms come up when we have raked the thatch layer. When is the best time to treat to kill the worms? What is best to kill them if we don't know exactly what species they are? How long after treatment can we prepare and plant new grass seed?
- I have a very large Honey Locust tree on the West side of my house. It is dropping leaves and has a lost more dead branches then the previous years. What problems should I look for and what can I do to save this precious tree?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?