Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my apple trees wormy every year?
Rate This FAQ
“Worms” in apples are codling moth larvae. Codling moth may spoil 90% of the fruit crop. Spraying with approved insecticides is the only effective control and timing is essential. Starting 10 days after petal fall or based on trapping information, apply sprays according to protection interval of chemicals used, and continuing through the first week in September. Follow label instructions. Refer to the Utah State University Integrated Pest Management Fruit Tree Advisory website for your area’s projected spray dates.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a horrible locust infestation, which I can't find any news about - all of the scrub oak are defoliated. Is this common? Will the trees recover- new leaves this year? I have found them on fruit trees and washed them off - are they just passing through? Any other info on them?
- When shall I prune my fruit trees?
- We bought an apple tree to plant on arbor day,but still haven't got to planting it. I've tried to keep it watered and in the sun, but the poor thing is struggling. The leaves appear to be dying on the ends. Will it still survive if we get it in the ground? Also can it be planted in an area that gets a lot of water? It is a Braeburn tree.
- We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
- Two Questions, is Malathion the best spray to use on apple and pear trees and is there a way I could get a list of professionals who spray fruit trees?
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?