Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my apple trees wormy every year?
Rate This FAQ
“Worms” in apples are codling moth larvae. Codling moth may spoil 90% of the fruit crop. Spraying with approved insecticides is the only effective control and timing is essential. Starting 10 days after petal fall or based on trapping information, apply sprays according to protection interval of chemicals used, and continuing through the first week in September. Follow label instructions. Refer to the Utah State University Integrated Pest Management Fruit Tree Advisory website for your area’s projected spray dates.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A large branch has died on my apple tree. What could have killed it?
- Apricots and peaches--what causes the reddish or purple-brown spots on new leaves, buds, shoots and fruit?
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.
- Do I have borers in my peach trees?
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- Our 4 year old peach tree is blossoming and we noticed a "web" full of caterpillars in one of the branch forks. Several of the 1/2 to 3/4 inch larvae were on other branches as well. EEWWW! What do I do?
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?