Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have two maple trees in my parking strip. I believe they are the Autumn Blaze variety. They have a light green to yellow small leaf. The leaves are starting to die as if it needs water. They are spotted and turning brown and brittle. The branches are still green when I scrape the them. I do not think it is under heat stress since June has been mostly wet. We spoke with someone who lives about a mile from us who had the same problem last year and now the top of his tree is dead. We did see two other trees in his neighborhood with the same problem. It looks as though next year we may have the same dead trees if we do not do something to prevent them from dying. Can you tell me what is wrong and what I can do to save the trees?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I live in salt lake city, and have very hard rocky soil. I would like to plant a few varieties of trees for shade and decor (like to enjoy them in my own lifetime)I realize I'll need to excavate for good soil and root ball. Any suggestions?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.