Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- I live in East Murray, West Holaday, Salt Lake County. We have a large pine tree and want to plant some flowers under/near it. The plants would be along a fence that runs to the east of the tree. Some, very little west sun in the evening. Any suggestions? I would love some long lasting flowers.
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- My peach trees seem to have something sappy oozing from the trunk, somewhere between the middle and top part. I thought borers were usually at the bottom of the trunk. Is it a spread of borers?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?