Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
- A landscaping company planted 6 jaquemonti birch in my yard at the end of May. Two of them recently began developing darkish brown leaf spots in the center. They are getting plenty of water. On one of the leaves I found very tiny black insects. I did not find insects on any of the other leaves. What could the problem be and what should I do about it. I picked the infected leaves off that I could reach. I also collected the insects.
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?