Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A landscaping company planted 6 jaquemonti birch in my yard at the end of May. Two of them recently began developing darkish brown leaf spots in the center. They are getting plenty of water. On one of the leaves I found very tiny black insects. I did not find insects on any of the other leaves. What could the problem be and what should I do about it. I picked the infected leaves off that I could reach. I also collected the insects.
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- It looks like something has bitten off whole leaves and blossoms from my tomato plants. They seem to be cut clean. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?