Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- I have seen ads for canada green grass seed. It talks about it's resistance to drought, and the fact that is a very hearty grass. Do you have any info on this grass seed?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- Last year in June or July pesticide (Ortho Home) was used all over my yard...and in my garden. I didn't realize the dangers of pesticide, until after it had been sprayed/poured all over. Is it safe to plant a vegetable garden this year, or is the pesticide still present in my garden? Is there a way to get my soil tested to make sure it's safe? Thanks, Brandi
- The grass in certain areas of my lawn is not growing well. I've been told it may be due to the fact that they're adjacent to pine trees, and that fallen pine needles have caused locally acidic conditions. It is suggested that I apply Gypsum in these areas. Are the diagnoses and suggestions plausible ?