Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
Rate This FAQ
I'm not sure of the formulation of Imidan you are using, so I will use Imidan 70W as an example. On the label, it does provide the rate in lbs/100 gallons for apples and peaches. It is .75 lbs/100 gallon. There are 16 oz in 1 pound, so that makes 12 oz/100 gallons, which is the same as .12 oz/1 gallon. There are 6 tsp. in 1 ounce, so that comes to 3/4 tsp per gallon.
Be sure to read the rate on the label you have to make sure it is the same, and if not, you can use the above conversion method.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.
- My husband plants tomato and peppers etc each year. He plants directly under the eves of the house and the water runs off the roof with each rain storm or in the spring run off. I believe this is not good for the soil he is planting the garden in since we have an asphalt roof and I can see the debris from the roof on the soil. He says not a problem, I still have a hard time eating them without thinking I am getting some sort of poison in our systems. Suggestions?
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- I have red raspberries that produced very well this year. But now the old canes have turned yellow, brown and crispy. Is this normal or do I have a virus in them? Do I prune out old canes now or in the spring? And can I transplant starts to a new patch or should I buy new plants?
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?