Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
Rate This FAQ
Borers. Many kinds of boring beetles attack aspen trees. Trees that are stressed are more susceptible to borer infestation. Developing larvae burrow into the trunk and feed sometimes for several years. Borer wounds often bleed and their tunneling weakens the trunk of the tree and may cause the invasion of fungi. Maintain your trees’ health to prevent borer infestation. Once the borer larvae is inside the heartwood, insecticide applications are futile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a 3 year old maple tree that seemed to be doing great, but never lost it's leaves last fall. It showed no sign of life this spring and we were ready to replace it. A week or so ago it started sending out leaves at it's crotch. I'm pretty sure the top of the tree is dead. Do we cut it down to it's crotch (losing at least 8 feet of branches)? Will it regain a shape and will it be strong enough to survive the wind? What should we do with this tree?!
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?
- I have grass growing in my myrtle(I know it has another name but I can't think of it) and I would like to get out of there. How can I do that without killing the ground cover that I have?
- I have rings in my lawn that are about two feet wide. I suspect they are fairy ring, but the description for fairy ring doesn't quite fit. The inside of the circle is not lush and green, it looks the same as the rest of the lawn. There is just a semi-dead cirle surrounding good lawn. Do you have any help for me.
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- I have a lawn with necrotic ring, it has been treated with f:stop. Question; Future construction will remove much of the sod. Should I treat the soil before I lay new sod.
- When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?