Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
Rate This FAQ
Borers. Many kinds of boring beetles attack aspen trees. Trees that are stressed are more susceptible to borer infestation. Developing larvae burrow into the trunk and feed sometimes for several years. Borer wounds often bleed and their tunneling weakens the trunk of the tree and may cause the invasion of fungi. Maintain your trees’ health to prevent borer infestation. Once the borer larvae is inside the heartwood, insecticide applications are futile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
- We have clover infesting our grass. Each clover plant has these pod-like objects, that when picked or brushed up against causes white larva-like and red seeds to hop or pop off. The red seeds stick to skin and clothing and is irritating to the skin. The clovers also have little yellow flowers that sprout. How do we get rid of these clovers so we might play and use our lawn again. How do you keep them from coming back?
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- My front yard has large patches of dead grass. Originally I thought it might be a result of grubs, but dug down and didn't see any larvae or grub worms. The condition is worsening and now I've noticed pencil-eraser size holes throughout the dry areas. Do you know what this is and how to prevent or stop it?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?