Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
Rate This FAQ
Borers. Many kinds of boring beetles attack aspen trees. Trees that are stressed are more susceptible to borer infestation. Developing larvae burrow into the trunk and feed sometimes for several years. Borer wounds often bleed and their tunneling weakens the trunk of the tree and may cause the invasion of fungi. Maintain your trees’ health to prevent borer infestation. Once the borer larvae is inside the heartwood, insecticide applications are futile.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- When should I be pruning my roses?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- I live in South Jordan. 4 1/2 years ago I started watering my yard with gray water (irrigation) due to the cost of water. Since that time I have lost 6 red twig dogwoods, 7 blue arctic willows,3 spireas, a pine tree and a Japanese maple. Everything else does not look good (other trees, bushes and perennials). In the spring it all starts out green but by June everything has brown edges on yellowing leaves and the trees have several dead branches. Could the gray water be the culprit? Everything was at least 6 years old, lush, and healthy until I changed my water. I am afraid I will lose everything else this summer if I don't find a cure for this. I could you use some answers. Thank you.
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- What should I do to prepare my lawn for winter?
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?