Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?
Rate This FAQ
The growth you noticed on the soil surface is likely a mold. However, it's difficult for me to say whether that same growth you observed is a pathogen. It sounds like the plant may be getting too much water as most molds don't grow so noticeably when watered less frequently. Water may or may not be the problem entirely. If you can locate your county Extension office (if you live near one), you could take the potted plant in to have someone have a look at it. Also, if you have
a digital camera, you could take a photo and send it to me and I'll do my best to give you further assistance.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- We have about 6 pine trees (blue spruce) in our yard and we have noticed that this year they are loaded with pine cones. Does this mean anything? We have looked on the farmers almanac thinking that it must mean we are in for a hard winter, or something in that nature, but have been unsuccessful in finding the answer. Do you have any information why the trees are loaded with pine cones?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?