Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?
Rate This FAQ
The growth you noticed on the soil surface is likely a mold. However, it's difficult for me to say whether that same growth you observed is a pathogen. It sounds like the plant may be getting too much water as most molds don't grow so noticeably when watered less frequently. Water may or may not be the problem entirely. If you can locate your county Extension office (if you live near one), you could take the potted plant in to have someone have a look at it. Also, if you have
a digital camera, you could take a photo and send it to me and I'll do my best to give you further assistance.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- Last May, I planted my living Christmas tree (5 foot Black Hills Spruce) after wintering it in a sheltered area with mulch. It was inside for only 3 days. It grew well all summer with little green buds until the first hard frost and then it died all at once. What happened? Was it the tree or the location? I live at 7,000 ft; the planting location is a little bit rocky and I don't want it to happen again. Thanks!!!
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?