Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I pick my watermelon?
Rate This FAQ
Tap the watermelon with your knuckle. If it makes a dull sound it is under-ripe, a soft sound means it is over-ripe, and a hollow sound means it is ripe. Or, check the under-side of the melon (the part touching the ground). If the color has changed from white to cream it is probably ripe. Another clue is that the tendril on the vine closest to the melon turns brown when the melon is ripe.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- How can I stay on top of yard and garden problems?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?
- How do I control field bind weed?
- Putting more color in your landscape
- My raspberry bushes are gigantic and are not producing berries. How do I prune them to avoid this? Can they be pruned right now or do I wait for Fall?