Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I pick my watermelon?
Rate This FAQ
Tap the watermelon with your knuckle. If it makes a dull sound it is under-ripe, a soft sound means it is over-ripe, and a hollow sound means it is ripe. Or, check the under-side of the melon (the part touching the ground). If the color has changed from white to cream it is probably ripe. Another clue is that the tendril on the vine closest to the melon turns brown when the melon is ripe.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I control field bind weed?
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?
- I have some shrubs that have been dying off in a wierd manner. Just sections at a time will completly die in a matter of a day or so, not even time to try and treat it. There are no outward signs of bugs and the rest of the shrub will be perfectly healthy. It has done this to more than one of my shrubs and also done this to more than one kind of shrub. It started last summer where I lost part of a couple and one hole shrub. I thought I had it taken care of by the end of the summer but when I mowed last week for the first time I noticed I have almost totaly lost another and there are spots on some others. The plants have been here for as many as 10 years or so and are very well taken care of. The only thing I can think of is about 3 years ago I put new plastic down and new bark, could the new plastic cause this.
- How do I store my summer bulbs?
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem