Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I pick my watermelon?
Rate This FAQ
Tap the watermelon with your knuckle. If it makes a dull sound it is under-ripe, a soft sound means it is over-ripe, and a hollow sound means it is ripe. Or, check the under-side of the melon (the part touching the ground). If the color has changed from white to cream it is probably ripe. Another clue is that the tendril on the vine closest to the melon turns brown when the melon is ripe.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My squash plants turned white and wilted this summer. What happened?
- I need info on the care and maintenance of a Christmas Poinsetta. In the past I have lost them and really wish to keep this one alive to add to my current household of plants.
- What is the shelf life of fertilizer? I have some bags that have been stored in an outside shed and wondered whether they can be used or should be discarded.
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- Moved to a new location in Riverton and started a garden. This spring I added compost and steer manure. The garden is watered using secondary irrigation. The leaves on the beans, corn, and strawberries turn yellow with a burned look on the outer edges of the leaves and then the plant dies. The tomatoes and melon plants all seem to be doing well. Any idea's?
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- How do I protect my zukes and cukes from the annual onslaught of squash bugs?
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?