Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am trying to plant a "microforest" in my yard (.25 acre). I am looking for trees that will do well planted fairly close together (8' or less), evergreen and deciduous, to form a woodland-type setting. I also need bushes that can grow on a mild slope (drip irrigation) in this same location. I am particularly interested in dwarf, narrow, columnar evergreens. I've seen some in landscaping (I refer to them as Charlie Brown Christmas trees) around Park City and in Idaho that seem to stay in a very small footprint (4-5'?). But I haven't found a nursery that knows what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated. I have started with a clump birch, a japanese maple, and a bakeri spruce (must be a dwarf as it says it will only grow to ten feet (6' wide).
Rate This FAQ
There are many kinds of dwarf evergreens. Iseli wholesale nuresery in Oregon specializes in them. See their website at http://www.iselinursery.com/. Some retail nurseries in Utah buy from Iseli. Also check out the website of the American Conifer Society at http://www.conifersociety.org/.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a list of good varieties of produce producing plants to grow in this area? I am looking to plant fruit trees this fall and start a garden next year.
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- I have black spots on my tomato plant leaves and some on the main stem. Will it kill the plant? Can I get rid of it? Will it apread to the soil or other plants? HELP. I see it in most of the greehouses I have been to. Is it to late to find someone with a place to find a clean tomato plant and still plant it and get fruit?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?