Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Rate This FAQ
I tried to look at photos at the address you provided from your initial question but was unable to get on that site from the given address. Tracks can sometime result from the first mowing of the season. The grass is extremely long, and some of the grass has been shaded out and can look yellow. This may be more noticeable due to the tires laying the grass flat, versus the mowing blade that does not flatten the grass blades. A general recommendation for mowing lawns is to change patterns so that ruts and compaction does not develop over time. For example, one week you mow the lawn from east to west. The following week, you mow the lawn from north to south. I'd like to see the photos you referred to, so if you respond back to me with a direct link to those photos, I might be able to give you a better answer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- How close together can flowering pear trees be planted?
- I have a healthy looking aspen tree whose leaves turn brown and fall off in early September without ever turning colors. I live in Midway and Aspens do well here. Do you know the cause and can it be corrected?
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- I have a new laurel plant whose leaves have turned half brown. Is this caused by heat?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?