Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Rate This FAQ
I tried to look at photos at the address you provided from your initial question but was unable to get on that site from the given address. Tracks can sometime result from the first mowing of the season. The grass is extremely long, and some of the grass has been shaded out and can look yellow. This may be more noticeable due to the tires laying the grass flat, versus the mowing blade that does not flatten the grass blades. A general recommendation for mowing lawns is to change patterns so that ruts and compaction does not develop over time. For example, one week you mow the lawn from east to west. The following week, you mow the lawn from north to south. I'd like to see the photos you referred to, so if you respond back to me with a direct link to those photos, I might be able to give you a better answer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
- I have a stand of Gambel Oaks in my yard, I would like to leave the oaks, but fill in about 12 inches deep to level the area out. Will this damage the oaks? Is there any recommended ground cover to place in the area?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- This year we planted our first home garden. It was a lot of fun, but we need to know what to do to make it better next year. Specifically: our plants grew VERY large, but did not yield much fruit. What fruit we did get was typically small and misshapen. We did not fertilize, except some nitrogen along with dead lawn clippings last fall. What should we do this fall to get the soils ready for more fruit and less leaves next year?