Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Rate This FAQ
I tried to look at photos at the address you provided from your initial question but was unable to get on that site from the given address. Tracks can sometime result from the first mowing of the season. The grass is extremely long, and some of the grass has been shaded out and can look yellow. This may be more noticeable due to the tires laying the grass flat, versus the mowing blade that does not flatten the grass blades. A general recommendation for mowing lawns is to change patterns so that ruts and compaction does not develop over time. For example, one week you mow the lawn from east to west. The following week, you mow the lawn from north to south. I'd like to see the photos you referred to, so if you respond back to me with a direct link to those photos, I might be able to give you a better answer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a pine tree that is dying. It has two or three branches that are dead or dying. Is there any treatment that I can use to stop this?
- I am a landscape designer and have a client in Hyrum with an orchard of about 25 misc. fruit trees. Of course the clients want low maintenance. What is a good way to control weeds in the orchard? Turf? Bare soil and cultivation? Bark mulch? If turf is a good option, what variety? Thanks.
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- I have a huge weeping willow in my front yard. My next door neighbor swears the root system has invaded her septic line. She had a globe will previously taken out that was about 10 feet from her main water line while my weeper is about 30. My own line is about 15 feet from the weeper. Is there any validation to her statement?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- We have a space along the north side of our house that is shady most of the day. We are wondering what we can plant there. It is right beside the house and we would like to put something that is edible in that space? We wanted to put in strawberries but decided it was probably too shady for them.
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?