Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Rate This FAQ
I tried to look at photos at the address you provided from your initial question but was unable to get on that site from the given address. Tracks can sometime result from the first mowing of the season. The grass is extremely long, and some of the grass has been shaded out and can look yellow. This may be more noticeable due to the tires laying the grass flat, versus the mowing blade that does not flatten the grass blades. A general recommendation for mowing lawns is to change patterns so that ruts and compaction does not develop over time. For example, one week you mow the lawn from east to west. The following week, you mow the lawn from north to south. I'd like to see the photos you referred to, so if you respond back to me with a direct link to those photos, I might be able to give you a better answer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?
- Our neighbors have recently cut down a Globe Willow and A Lombardy Poplar. They did not remove the trunks and the roots are not popping up in our lawn. Is there anyway for us to stop this from happening? These people are not the fastest movers and I have a feeling that the trunks will never be fully removed. These roots have already started to push up our concrete and have left runners down our lawn.
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?