Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my cherries wormy?
Rate This FAQ
These pests, also known as firebugs, cause little damage. They breed and feed on female boxelder trees and other related species of trees. Eliminating these trees is the only positive control, but since boxelder bugs can travel a mile or more from hatching site, this method is not practical.
Recommendation: Check and repair seals around windows and doors to keep boxelder bugs out of your home. Spray infested trees or surfaces where the insects congregate with an approved insecticide while bugs are small (nymph stage).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- My front yard has large patches of dead grass. Originally I thought it might be a result of grubs, but dug down and didn't see any larvae or grub worms. The condition is worsening and now I've noticed pencil-eraser size holes throughout the dry areas. Do you know what this is and how to prevent or stop it?
- When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run