Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my cherries wormy?
Rate This FAQ
These pests, also known as firebugs, cause little damage. They breed and feed on female boxelder trees and other related species of trees. Eliminating these trees is the only positive control, but since boxelder bugs can travel a mile or more from hatching site, this method is not practical.
Recommendation: Check and repair seals around windows and doors to keep boxelder bugs out of your home. Spray infested trees or surfaces where the insects congregate with an approved insecticide while bugs are small (nymph stage).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My sycamore tree has brown-reddish spots along the leaf veins. What is it?
- We have a 3 year old maple tree that seemed to be doing great, but never lost it's leaves last fall. It showed no sign of life this spring and we were ready to replace it. A week or so ago it started sending out leaves at it's crotch. I'm pretty sure the top of the tree is dead. Do we cut it down to it's crotch (losing at least 8 feet of branches)? Will it regain a shape and will it be strong enough to survive the wind? What should we do with this tree?!
- I moved into my house, from out of state, with a yard full of weeds (dandelions, morning glories, etc.) When would be a good time to treat them? Before or after winter hits? Any suggestions of products to use? Thanks!
- We bought a new home with no turf established in the backyard. Do you offer any advice for putting in our own yard?
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- I wanted to ask your opinion on fertilizing my lawn. I have so many weeds this year that I don't know what to do. The lawn is currently being fertilized by a company that comes out every 2-3 months. I started using them at the end last summer but maybe I selected the wrong company. Could you give me a recommendation on what to do to cut down on the weeds? Should I switch to a different company or do you recommend fertilizing myself? Thanks, Ryan
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?