Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my cherries wormy?
Rate This FAQ
These pests, also known as firebugs, cause little damage. They breed and feed on female boxelder trees and other related species of trees. Eliminating these trees is the only positive control, but since boxelder bugs can travel a mile or more from hatching site, this method is not practical.
Recommendation: Check and repair seals around windows and doors to keep boxelder bugs out of your home. Spray infested trees or surfaces where the insects congregate with an approved insecticide while bugs are small (nymph stage).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- I have a 25-foot tall scrub oak that appears to be dying. If it is anthracnose that is killing it, can it be saved? There are some commercial, injectable products that claim success. Is it possible?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?