Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my cherries wormy?
Rate This FAQ
These pests, also known as firebugs, cause little damage. They breed and feed on female boxelder trees and other related species of trees. Eliminating these trees is the only positive control, but since boxelder bugs can travel a mile or more from hatching site, this method is not practical.
Recommendation: Check and repair seals around windows and doors to keep boxelder bugs out of your home. Spray infested trees or surfaces where the insects congregate with an approved insecticide while bugs are small (nymph stage).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have clover infesting our grass. Each clover plant has these pod-like objects, that when picked or brushed up against causes white larva-like and red seeds to hop or pop off. The red seeds stick to skin and clothing and is irritating to the skin. The clovers also have little yellow flowers that sprout. How do we get rid of these clovers so we might play and use our lawn again. How do you keep them from coming back?
- I have 2 cottonless cottonwoods in my back yard. They are both about 7 years old. I noticed this spring that the trees have really grown tall but on the main limbs in the middle of the trees there are no limbs coming from them. I also find little pieces of new branches all over my lawn like they have come off right at the base where they connect to the tree. There are also at those points little scabs of some kind right where the branch has broken off. What is wrong and can I save these trees? I grew this kind of tree because they are fast growing trees and I wanted to enjoy some shade while I was still around to enjoy it. I am so afraid that there is something seriously wrong and those years will be lost. Can you help me with the info I have given you? I would appreciate it so much if you have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.
- How do I know when to pick my fruit?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- Why are the needles on my spruce tree turning brown and dropping?