Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my cherries wormy?
Rate This FAQ
These pests, also known as firebugs, cause little damage. They breed and feed on female boxelder trees and other related species of trees. Eliminating these trees is the only positive control, but since boxelder bugs can travel a mile or more from hatching site, this method is not practical.
Recommendation: Check and repair seals around windows and doors to keep boxelder bugs out of your home. Spray infested trees or surfaces where the insects congregate with an approved insecticide while bugs are small (nymph stage).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?
- I am wondering if I have some sort of fungus in my lawn.
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- I have a scarlett red maple. It's about 8 years old and last year the leaves didn't get very big. This year, it hasn't even began to bloom yet although, It has tiny buds. I noticed that the bark in some places peels off very easily. Under the bark, it looks like there may be some black flecks (maybe bug feces). I only noticed one little red colored bug under where I peeled the bark. I don't see any other bugs anywhere, even at the base. Do you think it could have a disease or bugs? I am going to put some fertilizer steaks around it and pour some Bayer Advanced tree and shrub insect control around the base of the tree. Is it too late to spary it?
- I have a curly willow that was topped about four years ago. Now it needs to be trimmed. Can I cut the branches back to where they were cut last?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?