Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you test soil?
Rate This FAQ
Yes. The USU Extension office supplies “soil test kits” which include a labeled shipping container, a plastic bag for the sample and an order sheet with sample collection instructions. Take a representative sample, fill out the form, enclose a check (there is a small fee for the basic analysis), and send the package to the USU Analytical Labs in Logan, UT. Results and recommendations are sent directly to you within two weeks.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- Our scrub oak is taking over our view, but efforts to trim have resulted in visible cuts and dead branches near the cuts. Do we need a professional, or can it be done well by a lay person?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- Our grass is dying and we suspect a worm/grub problem since we have seen some yellowish worms come up when we have raked the thatch layer. When is the best time to treat to kill the worms? What is best to kill them if we don't know exactly what species they are? How long after treatment can we prepare and plant new grass seed?
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- I have a scarlett red maple. It's about 8 years old and last year the leaves didn't get very big. This year, it hasn't even began to bloom yet although, It has tiny buds. I noticed that the bark in some places peels off very easily. Under the bark, it looks like there may be some black flecks (maybe bug feces). I only noticed one little red colored bug under where I peeled the bark. I don't see any other bugs anywhere, even at the base. Do you think it could have a disease or bugs? I am going to put some fertilizer steaks around it and pour some Bayer Advanced tree and shrub insect control around the base of the tree. Is it too late to spary it?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??