Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you test soil?
Rate This FAQ
Yes. The USU Extension office supplies “soil test kits” which include a labeled shipping container, a plastic bag for the sample and an order sheet with sample collection instructions. Take a representative sample, fill out the form, enclose a check (there is a small fee for the basic analysis), and send the package to the USU Analytical Labs in Logan, UT. Results and recommendations are sent directly to you within two weeks.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
- Why do maple tree and burning bush leaf edges turn brown in mid-summer?
- What is killing my lawn? It was fine in the spring, and now this summer, it is looking dead in patchy spots.
- I've neglected to do my "last mow" up to this point. We've already had several nights of light frost. My grass is long but I worry about causing even more damage by mowing at this late juncture, mid-November. Are there any risks to mowing grass after the first few frosts?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- I am an architect, working with a client who wants to hydroseed a 2.5 acre parcel for use as a softball field. The area is currently planted in alfalfa. There will be some regrading (both cut and fill) of the field that will be required. The client would still like to hydroseed this year, likely near the end of September. Do we need to call for the alfalfa to be treated with a herbicide? If so, what is the process, and what herbicide should be used? Is there a waiting period between application of the herbicide and the hydroseeding? Must the herbicide be applied to the above-grade plants, or can the site first be cleared, then the herbicide applied to the gound and roots?
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- I am buying a new house in Salt Lake County, and the entire back yard is weeds. I want to put in a garden towards the back and fill in the rest with grass. What is the best way to kill the weeds completely, without killing the new grass and affecting the garden?