Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- There is a pecan tree where I work that is dropping leaves like crazy. Can I add the leaves to my vegetable garden and let it compost over the winter? Is there any toxicity in pecan leaves?
- I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- We have lost 2 pine trees and are now loosing our quaking aspen. It has black spots on leaves and trunk has back on it also. The leaves are falling off. Is there anything that can save the tree?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?