Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- I am going to overseed my west lawn. Do I need some type of covering (straw, peat, etc.) to help keep the seeds in place?
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- We have several ornamental trees such as flowering pear and cherry, they have holes in the trunk and are weeping in some places.We are trying to save them, we have sprayed them with imidan for a couple years and it has'nt taken care of the problem. It would be horrible if they were destoyed. Do you have any suggestions that would help. We also have several fruit bearing trees that we don't want infested. I understand there is better spray out there but you have to be licensed, I'm not sure how much time these trees have, but we'll do whatever we can.
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?