Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I recently had a handyman come to adjust the sprinklers at a house we do not live in and are trying to sell, and he unfortunately turned off the sprinklers without us knowing, and the grass went a few weeks without being watered. Since we discovered it, we began watering and I laid down turf builder to see if I could jump start the regrowth. The grass looks brown and dead over much of the lawn, however, since I fertilized, I can see little green spots and individual green shafts here and there. What should I do now? Can I seed over the existing dead lawn? What is the fastest and best way back to green without tearing up the whole yard and starting again? (The backyard sod was new last year)
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- We have about 6 pine trees (blue spruce) in our yard and we have noticed that this year they are loaded with pine cones. Does this mean anything? We have looked on the farmers almanac thinking that it must mean we are in for a hard winter, or something in that nature, but have been unsuccessful in finding the answer. Do you have any information why the trees are loaded with pine cones?
- We bought a house with horrible "goat head thorn" problem, all summer we have been pulling them out and collecting the thorny seeds as much as we can. We are now looking to plant grass seed. And are wondering what seed with grow faster than the goat heads, do well with high traffic (2 dogs) and in a semi shady area?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?