Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
Rate This FAQ
A pre-emergent herbicide kills plants as they emerge (seeds) from the soil, and a post-emergent works after the plants are growing. There are non-selective herbicides (kill all plant life) and selective herbicides which either kill only broadleaf or only grassy plants. Carefully read instructions on chemical container so herbicide damage will not occur on plants that are near by in the landscape.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have about an acre of commercial property that I want to control all vegetation. Is there a good ground sterilizer on the market? Where can I purchase it?
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- I have raspberry plants that have grown to where they will be bearing this summer. And wouldn't you know it, we are moving. I want to dig them up just before we move, say in middle to late February. Can I put them in the same type of packaging they came in when purchased and then plant them in the spring when the ground thaws. Will they still bear fruit this year?
- I am an architect, working with a client who wants to hydroseed a 2.5 acre parcel for use as a softball field. The area is currently planted in alfalfa. There will be some regrading (both cut and fill) of the field that will be required. The client would still like to hydroseed this year, likely near the end of September. Do we need to call for the alfalfa to be treated with a herbicide? If so, what is the process, and what herbicide should be used? Is there a waiting period between application of the herbicide and the hydroseeding? Must the herbicide be applied to the above-grade plants, or can the site first be cleared, then the herbicide applied to the gound and roots?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?