Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
Rate This FAQ
A pre-emergent herbicide kills plants as they emerge (seeds) from the soil, and a post-emergent works after the plants are growing. There are non-selective herbicides (kill all plant life) and selective herbicides which either kill only broadleaf or only grassy plants. Carefully read instructions on chemical container so herbicide damage will not occur on plants that are near by in the landscape.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- we would like to plant a cherry tree in our backyard for the fruit and the shade. what would be the proper kind to purchase,we like sweet cherries.
- Could you pleae identify the pine-like tree on the north side of our home? The needles are on two sides of the twig rather than on all four sides. They (the needles) are very soft and are dark green. At this time of the year (Sep), the trees bear red berries. The trees are approximately 35 years old and are 12-14 feet tall. Thank you very much for your assistance!
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I've noticed lots of caterpillars eating the leaves of my Birch trees--they look like inchworms. I've also seen them in neighbor's trees. Is there an infestation, and what can I do about it?
- I have tall thin Junipers in my backyard. They resemble a Hollywood Juniper but I am not sure of their species. They are 25 years old and have begun to look like they are dying, the needles are turning brown and falling off. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- Last May I planted an eight foot Sub-Alpine Fir in my new yard. My soil is very sandy. We deep watered the tree once a week throughout the hot season. The tree never showed any sign of stress until now (March). The ends of the branches are turning brown. I know these trees are sensitive. What can I do to best ensure the tree survives?
- I have a curly willow that was topped about four years ago. Now it needs to be trimmed. Can I cut the branches back to where they were cut last?