Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
Rate This FAQ
A pre-emergent herbicide kills plants as they emerge (seeds) from the soil, and a post-emergent works after the plants are growing. There are non-selective herbicides (kill all plant life) and selective herbicides which either kill only broadleaf or only grassy plants. Carefully read instructions on chemical container so herbicide damage will not occur on plants that are near by in the landscape.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- I have 2 cottonless cottonwoods in my back yard. They are both about 7 years old. I noticed this spring that the trees have really grown tall but on the main limbs in the middle of the trees there are no limbs coming from them. I also find little pieces of new branches all over my lawn like they have come off right at the base where they connect to the tree. There are also at those points little scabs of some kind right where the branch has broken off. What is wrong and can I save these trees? I grew this kind of tree because they are fast growing trees and I wanted to enjoy some shade while I was still around to enjoy it. I am so afraid that there is something seriously wrong and those years will be lost. Can you help me with the info I have given you? I would appreciate it so much if you have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- I am wondering if I have some sort of fungus in my lawn.
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- I moved into my house, from out of state, with a yard full of weeds (dandelions, morning glories, etc.) When would be a good time to treat them? Before or after winter hits? Any suggestions of products to use? Thanks!
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?