Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
Rate This FAQ
A pre-emergent herbicide kills plants as they emerge (seeds) from the soil, and a post-emergent works after the plants are growing. There are non-selective herbicides (kill all plant life) and selective herbicides which either kill only broadleaf or only grassy plants. Carefully read instructions on chemical container so herbicide damage will not occur on plants that are near by in the landscape.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have large steep slop in my backyard. I would like to plant a ground cover from seed. Is this possible. If so what kind would be best to keep weeds and bay, grow quickly and look appealing? I was wonder if Vinca Major or St johns wart would work? Thanks for your time Milt
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- Leaves on my maple tree have turned yellow, but the veins are green. Is this an iron problem?
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?