Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
Rate This FAQ
Broadleaf weeds usually appear in lawns early in May. Pre-emergent herbicides may be applied before then to help prevent weed establishment. Once weeds have emerged, use a post-emergent type of herbicide.
In lawns, kill broadleaf (non-grassy) weeds with broadleaf weed killers. NOTE: Herbicides containing 2,4-D or should not be applied when the temperature is above 85 degrees F. or when weather is windy. In areas where complete vegetative control is needed, glyphosate (Roundup) will kill almost all living plants. Overspray of glyphosate can severely damage non-target plants. Follow label instructions when using any chemical sprays.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
- I have tall thin Junipers in my backyard. They resemble a Hollywood Juniper but I am not sure of their species. They are 25 years old and have begun to look like they are dying, the needles are turning brown and falling off. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?
- we would like to plant a cherry tree in our backyard for the fruit and the shade. what would be the proper kind to purchase,we like sweet cherries.
- We live in Perry, Utah. We are getting our yard prepared for sprinklers and grass. We are doing a lot of rock in areas, so we are not watering as much grass etc. We are wondering about the grass itself. At this point we would like to put sod down, but we are wondering what type of grass we should be looking for that is heat and drought tolerant and that will do well all year long in the area where we live. Can you suggest a particular sod or seed, and a place to obtain it, that might work well for us?
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- I want to replace a sickly globe willow tree in my front, south-facing, sloping lawn. There are underground utility (water, gas, sewer) and irrigation lines running through the area. What trees would work best in this area?