Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
Rate This FAQ
Broadleaf weeds usually appear in lawns early in May. Pre-emergent herbicides may be applied before then to help prevent weed establishment. Once weeds have emerged, use a post-emergent type of herbicide.
In lawns, kill broadleaf (non-grassy) weeds with broadleaf weed killers. NOTE: Herbicides containing 2,4-D or should not be applied when the temperature is above 85 degrees F. or when weather is windy. In areas where complete vegetative control is needed, glyphosate (Roundup) will kill almost all living plants. Overspray of glyphosate can severely damage non-target plants. Follow label instructions when using any chemical sprays.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- What is causing the holes in my peach and cherry trees?
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
- I have 30 acres of dry farm high on the west side of cache valley and would like like to cover it with many trees that are likely to survive and will eventually provide shade. What should I plant?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?