Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I have borers in my peach trees?
Rate This FAQ
If you see oozing holes at the base of your peach tree including the surface roots, you probably have peachtree (crown) borers. They attack about the first of July each year, and once the borers are inside the tree there is no control.
Recommendation: Spray the lower trunk and exposed root system in early July and again the first week in August with an approved insecticide. Follow label instructions. Organic controls include beneficial nematodes.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the best way to tell when a d'Anjou pear is ready to harvest?
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.
- I have a peach tree that I want to save - it's almost completely dead because of borers. There are some healthy branches on it still, and I'm wondering about the possibility of grafting some of this stock onto another peach tree I have. Where can I find out how to do this?
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.
- We live in Herriman and have a 25 x 30 foot plot of land that we would like to turn into an orchard. We would like to plant a variety of apples, pears, plums, and peaches. When should we plant? What kinds should we plant? How many of each should we plant? We are total beginners! Are there books or other resources you would recommend to help us that give answers for our specific area?
- I want to plant 4 fruit trees along the border of my garden. How much space must I give each tree between the brick wall border and between each tree? I am not sure if I should plant a semi-dwarf or dwarf tree for apricots and peaches but I would like a regular sized apple tree. Also, can Gala Apple trees grow here in Utah?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?