Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
Rate This FAQ
This weed is correctly called field bindweed. It is a very difficult and persistent problem. The plant propagates by seed and underground rhizomes. Early “weeding” of young plants reduces and sometimes eliminates their growth. However, established plants with a deep root system are extremely hard to control and a broadleaf weed killer should be applied during the blooming season or in the fall after the first frost.
Recommendation: Grow a vigorous lawn to compete against bindweed, or apply mulch 3 inches deep over it. Occasionally pull sprouts or spot-treat with perennial-rate glyphosate.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I prune my roses?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- How do I keep stray animals out of my yard?
- I have a very large, beautiful Cottonwood tree on my property, that is near the property line with my neighbor. She wants to put in a new fence, because the tree has been pushing up the posts for her old fence. The fencing company has said that they can put in a new fence, but they will have to "shave off" a bit of the tree trunk and possibly some of the root near the surface of the ground. I am worried that something like that could lead to the tree getting sick or dying. I want to keep peace among neighbors, but it would be a disaster and very expensive to lose the tree because of something likethis. Can you please tell me if a Cottonwood tree is hardy enough to withstand such a "shaving" procedure?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- What fall gardening tasks will help reduce plant pests next year?
- What are the best shade trees to plant in syracuse? Is it true that if they are fast growing they tend to break easily? Is that common or am I worrying to much about that?