Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you know of any pest control companies that have an effective treatment for controlling box elder bugs in the fall before they get in the house?
Rate This FAQ
Start by making sure window screens are in good repair and caulking around windows, doors, corner trim, and attic vents, etc. A residual type spray such as Sevin, Permethrin, or other products can be applied to building sides where bugs congregate. This will reduce entry indoors.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I was camping in Big Cottonwood Canyon this weekend. Sunday Morning a large beetle landed on my leg. I flicked it off. As we were taking down camp more of this same beetle kept landing on me. It had about and inch long body and almost double that with the antenna. I was hoping you could help me identify it and tips that may be useful for preventing them from pursuing me in the future.
- We have a lot of pill bugs in our vegetable garden and strawberries. How can we get rid of them?
- Is there any evidence of free run chickens significantly controlling flies from horse manure? I have neighbors who rely solely on a single hen and rooster to control flies for their two horses in a paddock, not a pasture. No other form of control is used. While chickens may, in fact control insects, I suspect the only real way to control insects (particularly flies) is to routinely (daily or weekly) police the manure and dispose of it. Is there any literature on the subject?
- When do spray for the cotteling moths, Apple worms?
- I have an infestation of giant willow aphids. How do I get rid of them? What damage will they do?
- We have a scorpion that just came up on our patio when our sprinklers came on. Is it normal to find a scorpion in Herriman? I have never heard of them here. It seems to be all white and very mean as it came after the people sitting on the patio rather than going away from them. We now have it in a bottle. This concerns me as I have a two year old and a baby who play out side. How do I keep them out of my yard?
- I had a small fly with speckled wings basically destroy my peaches this year, about the size of a small "housefly". They lay eggs through the skin that go to the pit and then if left hatch into small worm type larvae. They got into every peach, but did not start getting there until the peaches were starting to ripen. It at first looks like a small round spot, but with time rots the fruit and turns it brown. What are they and how do you get rid of them?
- We have flying insects black and red. long tail laying eggs in juniper trees. What are they?