Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
Rate This FAQ
I believe the weed you are concerned with is puncturevine, Tribulus terrestris. It typically grows on the edges of unhealthy lawns. It can stretch across a sidewalk, if not controlled, and also clog the gutters along the sides of highways. While most weeds grow upward, this one stretches out along the ground. The major nuisance from puncture weeds is just as its name implies -- its thorny pods are sharp and can be harmful. Puncturevine reproduces completely by seeds and these seeds can remain dormant for up to five years. Regular weed control each growing season by manual removal or tillage and cultivation of newly germinated plant before it goes to seed, you can use an old piece of carpet, slid along the ground, to help pick seeds up. Eliminating the seeds will prevent more plants germinating the following years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?