Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquat trees are the most cold tolerant of all of the citrus. In St. George we will dip into the low to mid 20s during January. Kumquats should survive in town OK but probably not in the outlying areas which typically get into the teens.
The few people I have seen grow oranges and lemons here have them well protected in the winter, such as an enclosed porch.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- I am looking for a shrub or tree that can line my driveway but, the problem is that it is facing the south and gets little to none water. Can you suggest some drought resistant plants that will work for that particular area?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?