Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquat trees are the most cold tolerant of all of the citrus. In St. George we will dip into the low to mid 20s during January. Kumquats should survive in town OK but probably not in the outlying areas which typically get into the teens.
The few people I have seen grow oranges and lemons here have them well protected in the winter, such as an enclosed porch.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- I have many Chanticleer pear's in my yard. Each year they swarm with Wasps during the day. There are not any nests in them. Is there anything I can do or spray to remove them? They have been swarming many of my Quakies as well. I have read online that it could be from aphids on the trees and the Wasps go after the sugary substance the aphids leave behind. I have noticed on my Quakies that there are small holes on some leaves which might mean aphids, but on the Chanticleer's there are not any holes on the leaves so I don't think aphids would be on those. Please help the wasps are out of control on these trees.
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?
- Two questions; I have an dwarf Honey Crisp apple tree that is about 5 years old. Last year it had a dozen apples. I didn't disturb the fruit spurs when I picked the fruit. This year there were no blossoms on the tree. I didn't prune it at all. What can I do to help it produce every year? Second question; I have peach borers in the main branches of my nectarine tree. The tree seems healthy other than the borers. What can I do about them at this point? Will it help to dig them out? Will it help to spray? Will they winter over to next year?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).