Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquat trees are the most cold tolerant of all of the citrus. In St. George we will dip into the low to mid 20s during January. Kumquats should survive in town OK but probably not in the outlying areas which typically get into the teens.
The few people I have seen grow oranges and lemons here have them well protected in the winter, such as an enclosed porch.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- It looks like something has bitten off whole leaves and blossoms from my tomato plants. They seem to be cut clean. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?