Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a good fertilizer schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Fertilizer application frequency depends on the type of fertilizer, (slow-release, or quick) the soil type and grass type. You should follow the manufacturer's label on the bag for a suggested application timing. Less than recommended rates can be applied with adequate results unless the fertilizer contains an herbicide, fungicide or insecticide. If it contains any of these, then label rates must be applied or you will have poor control of pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.
- Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- I am a landscape designer and have a client in Hyrum with an orchard of about 25 misc. fruit trees. Of course the clients want low maintenance. What is a good way to control weeds in the orchard? Turf? Bare soil and cultivation? Bark mulch? If turf is a good option, what variety? Thanks.
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?