Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a good fertilizer schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Fertilizer application frequency depends on the type of fertilizer, (slow-release, or quick) the soil type and grass type. You should follow the manufacturer's label on the bag for a suggested application timing. Less than recommended rates can be applied with adequate results unless the fertilizer contains an herbicide, fungicide or insecticide. If it contains any of these, then label rates must be applied or you will have poor control of pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- My petunias are horribly sticky - I assume thrips are in control although I have tried to keep them washed off (insecticidal soap) and sprayed with a systemic (orthonex). Is there anything else I might try? Would a dormant oil spray work, and if so when would I use it? Also, there are small worms that are probably chomping the blossoms. What would work to prevent or kill them? How do worms can get into my flower boxes, that are at least 6 feet off the ground?
- We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- I have a large, old walnut tree in my front yard. The bark on the east/northeast side of the tree is separating from the trunk. Is this a sign of disease or other problems? And can I peel the bark off the tree or will that hurt the tree?