Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a good fertilizer schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Fertilizer application frequency depends on the type of fertilizer, (slow-release, or quick) the soil type and grass type. You should follow the manufacturer's label on the bag for a suggested application timing. Less than recommended rates can be applied with adequate results unless the fertilizer contains an herbicide, fungicide or insecticide. If it contains any of these, then label rates must be applied or you will have poor control of pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- Last year when I was about to harvest my corn from my yard I found that something got to about half of it before I did. I don't think it was insect because of the nature of the damage; I suspect birds. On the ears in question the husks were literally shredded and each kernel picked out. I know there are blue jays nesting in the area but this was the first time any thing like that happened. I don't think it was a mammal since the stalks were intact and not collapsed from the weight of what got at the ears that were devoured. Do you what causd this to happen? Is there something I can do to prevent that from happening this year? Thanks
- We would like to plant a pasture (about 2 acres). We would like one that creates sod, like a lawn, rather than a bunch grass. It will be used to hold a hillside and eventually to graze a few animals. We could cut it for grass hay also. What would be the best varieties of seed to use for a pasture like this?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.