Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is a good fertilizer schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Fertilizer application frequency depends on the type of fertilizer, (slow-release, or quick) the soil type and grass type. You should follow the manufacturer's label on the bag for a suggested application timing. Less than recommended rates can be applied with adequate results unless the fertilizer contains an herbicide, fungicide or insecticide. If it contains any of these, then label rates must be applied or you will have poor control of pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a space along the north side of our house that is shady most of the day. We are wondering what we can plant there. It is right beside the house and we would like to put something that is edible in that space? We wanted to put in strawberries but decided it was probably too shady for them.
- The grass in certain areas of my lawn is not growing well. I've been told it may be due to the fact that they're adjacent to pine trees, and that fallen pine needles have caused locally acidic conditions. It is suggested that I apply Gypsum in these areas. Are the diagnoses and suggestions plausible ?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?