Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
Rate This FAQ
Yes. Do not plant the following groups of plants in the same area year after year, rotating every two or three years:
1. Cucurbits (watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, pumpkin, squash)
2. Cole crops (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, radishes)
3. Solanaceous crops (tomato, potato, pepper, eggplant)
4. Root crops (carrots, parsnips, beets, onions, etc.)
5. Sweet corn, beans.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- Winter Vegetable Gardening
- We have been putting the dog poop in the composte pile. Is this going to be bad for our composte or for our garden?
- Earlier this season we sprayed with Dursban, can we still eat the fruit?
- I am wrapping up my garden for the year. I have been looking at adding horse manure to my garden soil to boost the organic matter in it. This year I added NutriMulch (turkey manure blend) and that worked out well, but was expensive. I'm concerned about the soil quality. I notice that it's pretty hard when in big dry clods. Would I be hurting my garden to add green horse manure now, and tilling it in? I've read a little about deficiencies in the soil because of too much horse manure, so if it's safe or even a good idea to add to a garden, how much is the right amount?
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?