Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
Rate This FAQ
Yes. Do not plant the following groups of plants in the same area year after year, rotating every two or three years:
1. Cucurbits (watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, pumpkin, squash)
2. Cole crops (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, radishes)
3. Solanaceous crops (tomato, potato, pepper, eggplant)
4. Root crops (carrots, parsnips, beets, onions, etc.)
5. Sweet corn, beans.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- What causes plants to look dirty and lose their green color during the heat of the summer? One culprit is spider mites.
- Putting more color in your landscape
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.
- We have planted tomato plants and used “Miracle Grow” the plants are big and healthy and have many blossoms but no tomatoes have as yet began to grow, we have seen different kinds of bees pollinating the blossoms at times. I have never had this happen before can you give us some advice concerning this? Thanks, Lewis Draney
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?