Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
Rate This FAQ
Yes. Do not plant the following groups of plants in the same area year after year, rotating every two or three years:
1. Cucurbits (watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, pumpkin, squash)
2. Cole crops (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, radishes)
3. Solanaceous crops (tomato, potato, pepper, eggplant)
4. Root crops (carrots, parsnips, beets, onions, etc.)
5. Sweet corn, beans.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on pickling vegetables?
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- What causes plants to look dirty and lose their green color during the heat of the summer? One culprit is spider mites.
- You might be a gardener if...
- What do I do about squash bugs?
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?