Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a pine tree that is dying. It has two or three branches that are dead or dying. Is there any treatment that I can use to stop this?
Rate This FAQ
There are several species of pine trees and not so simple to diagnosis from your description. Generally, many of the pine trees have needle drop towards the interior of the tree, which is natural. The needles usually stay on the tree 2 or 3 years, and then drop off as the newer needles on the end of the branches grow. A majority of tree problems can be attribute to abiotic stresses - that is non living stresses including mechanical injury, chemical injury, weather, drought, improper watering.
Best to prune out dead or dying branches and if you can bring them into our county Extension office, we may have a long term recommendation for plant health care for your pine.
Our office is at 2001 South State, RM #S1200, Salt Lake City
Our website is http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- I have recently identified three large plants growing on a stream bed in my yard as water hemlock. From what I have read on-line, this is a very poisonous plant. Supposedly the stalks remain poisonous even when dead. My plants are quite bulky, and would fill at least a few garbage cans if cut down. Can you advise me on how to safely deal with these plants?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- Do garden vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers require sun protection,(shade), during the hot part of summer?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?