Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
Rate This FAQ
I am not personally acquainted with people who have grown the James early Pecan in Utah. I did look on the internet and found the "Alpine Newsline", a newsletter from Alpine, Utah. It has an excellent article that tells of one person's success in growing that exact variety. the article is complete with pictures and the problems they encountered, including theiving starlings. If they can grow them in Alpine, you should be able to grow them in Mapleton. The website address for the article is: www.alpinecity.org/PDF/NEWSLINE.November%202007.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a Blierana flowering plum tree that failed to leaf out fully this spring. I looked at it yesterday and found at least fifty places on the branches where a snake-like resin/sap has been pushed out of the branch. Is this a borer doing damage? What do I do? Should I remove the tree to prevent further damage to surrounding trees? Is there something I can spray? Can I ever plant a tree in this same spot? I have trees all along my fence line in a row and really need a replacement tree if this one is going to die.
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- Two years ago I moved into a house that has a large apricot tree in the backyard. Last year was our first apricot harvest. The apricots got large a ripe, and looked great. But when I picked one and tasted it, is was VERY mushy and bland. Upon further investigation, all the fruit was this way. Does this mean that the tree is too old or maybe just a bad tree? I don't want to deal with the hassle of a fruit tree if I can't use the fruit.
- Do garden vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers require sun protection,(shade), during the hot part of summer?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?