Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
Rate This FAQ
I am not personally acquainted with people who have grown the James early Pecan in Utah. I did look on the internet and found the "Alpine Newsline", a newsletter from Alpine, Utah. It has an excellent article that tells of one person's success in growing that exact variety. the article is complete with pictures and the problems they encountered, including theiving starlings. If they can grow them in Alpine, you should be able to grow them in Mapleton. The website address for the article is: www.alpinecity.org/PDF/NEWSLINE.November%202007.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- What trees, perrenials, shrubs etc... grow best in Utah (landscaping yard)?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?