Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I get rid of snails and slugs?
Rate This FAQ
Slugs and snails are one of the most universal garden problems. These mollusks are not insects, so insecticides are not effective. Slug and snail control starts in late summer or fall, and each over-wintering pest lays up to 400 eggs which will hatch in the spring. Clean up debris and weeds where they hide in the fall and apply bait during the growing season.
Iron phosphate is an effective snail/slug control and has little off-target toxicity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- I have some pumpkins that are still green (October 9th). Is there any way they will become ripe?
- How do I go about planting yams? We have already started the roots forming in a jar of water but need to know how to plant them. Thanks for your response. Duane
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- My garden is infested with what I believe are burrowing wolf spiders. I know that they are not dangerous, but there are a LOT of them and they scare me and keep me from getting my gardening done. Is there a safe way to get rid of them?
- I planted tomatoes last weekend because it looked like we were going to have warm weather, but yikes! it says it will snow tonight. How can I protect my little tomato plants?
- My raspberry bushes are gigantic and are not producing berries. How do I prune them to avoid this? Can they be pruned right now or do I wait for Fall?
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?