Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Yes, we have Plant Problem Diagnostic Clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm during the months of June, July & August where you can bring in samples. These clinics are staffed by volunteer Master Gardeners who are trained and experienced in identifying plant problems and offering recommendations. If the Master Gardeners are unable to identify the problem, the Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory has facilities and technicians who for a small fee are able to test and analyze turfgrass or plant tissues for diseases.
Our office is at 2001 South State, RM #S1200, Salt Lake City
Our website is http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- We have a scrub oak that has been growing between a pine and an aspen, which has made the oak very lop-sided. The aspen is gone now. How much purning can we do to the oak to try and even it's growth?
- I have varmits that are ruining my lawn during the winter (under snow). They make trails and destroy the lawn about 4 inches wide. I can find no holes only the trails and dead grass flipped to the side of the trails. Any ideas? We are going crazy trying to figure this out. We have never had this problem until last year.
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?