Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Yes, we have Plant Problem Diagnostic Clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm during the months of June, July & August where you can bring in samples. These clinics are staffed by volunteer Master Gardeners who are trained and experienced in identifying plant problems and offering recommendations. If the Master Gardeners are unable to identify the problem, the Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory has facilities and technicians who for a small fee are able to test and analyze turfgrass or plant tissues for diseases.
Our office is at 2001 South State, RM #S1200, Salt Lake City
Our website is http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Looks like my potted tomato plants have Fusarium Wilt and will soon die. 1)Any thing I can do to save the plants and soil? 2)Can I eat the tomatos?
- I am going to overseed my west lawn. Do I need some type of covering (straw, peat, etc.) to help keep the seeds in place?
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- We are putting in a backyard with grass seed instead of sod. I am wondering if we need to add lime to our soil to change the pH and also what types of grass work best in our area. I assume that Kentucky Bluegrass would be best, but should I get a mix or just the Bluegrass? Are certain brands better than others?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?