Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Yes, we have Plant Problem Diagnostic Clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm during the months of June, July & August where you can bring in samples. These clinics are staffed by volunteer Master Gardeners who are trained and experienced in identifying plant problems and offering recommendations. If the Master Gardeners are unable to identify the problem, the Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory has facilities and technicians who for a small fee are able to test and analyze turfgrass or plant tissues for diseases.
Our office is at 2001 South State, RM #S1200, Salt Lake City
Our website is http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- My husband plants tomato and peppers etc each year. He plants directly under the eves of the house and the water runs off the roof with each rain storm or in the spring run off. I believe this is not good for the soil he is planting the garden in since we have an asphalt roof and I can see the debris from the roof on the soil. He says not a problem, I still have a hard time eating them without thinking I am getting some sort of poison in our systems. Suggestions?
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?