Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
Rate This FAQ
Yes, we have Plant Problem Diagnostic Clinics on Mondays from 1 to 4pm during the months of June, July & August where you can bring in samples. These clinics are staffed by volunteer Master Gardeners who are trained and experienced in identifying plant problems and offering recommendations. If the Master Gardeners are unable to identify the problem, the Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory has facilities and technicians who for a small fee are able to test and analyze turfgrass or plant tissues for diseases.
Our office is at 2001 South State, RM #S1200, Salt Lake City
Our website is http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- What trees, perrenials, shrubs etc... grow best in Utah (landscaping yard)?
- We are putting in a backyard with grass seed instead of sod. I am wondering if we need to add lime to our soil to change the pH and also what types of grass work best in our area. I assume that Kentucky Bluegrass would be best, but should I get a mix or just the Bluegrass? Are certain brands better than others?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?