Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
Rate This FAQ
The bleached foliage on your vegetables maybe a result of cold weather. Cold injury is successively worse with cooler temperatues and/or longer exposure. Some of the most susceptible plants (peppers, cucumbers, squash, etc.) can become permanently affected, not dying, but growing more slowly than those not affected. Your pale leaves, could also have been the result of overwatering or a combination of the two.
As the weather warms, your vegetables should send out new sets of greener leaves. Make sure that you don't over-water them. The yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant will probably drop off.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of snails and slugs?
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- How do I go about planting yams? We have already started the roots forming in a jar of water but need to know how to plant them. Thanks for your response. Duane
- I have a poinsettia that is about three years old. The first year it bloomed beautifully, then last year and now this year, just before the holidays, the leaves wither and fall off. I have not changed anything carewise. It is in an ideal place, gets plenty of dark hours, no drafts, filtered sun, and just enough water. Why is it doing this?
- My garden is infested with what I believe are burrowing wolf spiders. I know that they are not dangerous, but there are a LOT of them and they scare me and keep me from getting my gardening done. Is there a safe way to get rid of them?
- I would like to know the cost of nematodes for flower gardens and where I might be able to purchase some or have some mailed to me here in Farmington. Is there somewhere along the Wasatch Front I can purchase this type of nematodes?
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?