Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
Rate This FAQ
The bleached foliage on your vegetables maybe a result of cold weather. Cold injury is successively worse with cooler temperatues and/or longer exposure. Some of the most susceptible plants (peppers, cucumbers, squash, etc.) can become permanently affected, not dying, but growing more slowly than those not affected. Your pale leaves, could also have been the result of overwatering or a combination of the two.
As the weather warms, your vegetables should send out new sets of greener leaves. Make sure that you don't over-water them. The yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant will probably drop off.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Earlier this season we sprayed with Dursban, can we still eat the fruit?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- Last year I had a problem in the fall with my tomatoes cracking. I have heard that it is because of uneven watering conditions. I have also been told to plant tomatoes that are less apt to crack. Can you recommend a variety that is less likely to crack? Thanks.
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- I live in Dayton,Id. I seem to have a lot of trouble with blossom end rot on my tomatoes. What could I be doing wrong? To much water not enough or wrong fertilizer? Need suggestions.
- Do you have information on water-wise annuals?
- When should I spray my apple and apricat trees to prevent worms in the fruit? What product should I use? I planted a plum tree last fall, what should I do for it now?
- How can I protect my raspberries from insect pests?