Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
Rate This FAQ
The bleached foliage on your vegetables maybe a result of cold weather. Cold injury is successively worse with cooler temperatues and/or longer exposure. Some of the most susceptible plants (peppers, cucumbers, squash, etc.) can become permanently affected, not dying, but growing more slowly than those not affected. Your pale leaves, could also have been the result of overwatering or a combination of the two.
As the weather warms, your vegetables should send out new sets of greener leaves. Make sure that you don't over-water them. The yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant will probably drop off.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I heard there is an organism in garden soil that can be harmful to pregnant women. Is this true?
- Can I recycle garden waste without composting?
- How do I know when to cover tomatoes so the do not freeze?
- I have some pumpkins that are still green (October 9th). Is there any way they will become ripe?
- My raspberry bushes are gigantic and are not producing berries. How do I prune them to avoid this? Can they be pruned right now or do I wait for Fall?
- The last few years, I have had persistent grass growth in my vegetable garden. I till the area each fall and spring, and pull out and discard all the vegetable plants. For the first couple of months, its easy to control the weeds and grass, then about 2/3 of the way through the summer, the grass starts to take over. By the time I pull out the plants in the fall, I practically have a lawn underneath them. Now that everything is pulled up, should I spray Round-up or another grass killer on the entire garden area? Or is there a better way to control the grass?
- My squash plants turned white and wilted this summer. What happened?
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?