Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
Rate This FAQ
The bleached foliage on your vegetables maybe a result of cold weather. Cold injury is successively worse with cooler temperatues and/or longer exposure. Some of the most susceptible plants (peppers, cucumbers, squash, etc.) can become permanently affected, not dying, but growing more slowly than those not affected. Your pale leaves, could also have been the result of overwatering or a combination of the two.
As the weather warms, your vegetables should send out new sets of greener leaves. Make sure that you don't over-water them. The yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant will probably drop off.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- I am having frustrations on how to water my tomatoes, some people say every 8-10 days, some every 2. Mine that get hit by sprinklers every 2-3 days at least have small green fruit my other bushes have only little buds and no fruit can you please clarify. Also I have one cherry tomato in a pot should that be watered differently than garden tomatoes?
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?
- I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?