Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
Rate This FAQ
Don't know what you are describing exactly. It possibly could be Oxalis, creeping wood sorrel that has shamrock type leaf, purple, and yellow flowers. The best way is to bring in a fresh sample to our office for proper identification in order to offer a good management solution for control.
Our offices are at the Salt Lake County Government Complex, 2001 South State Rm S1200, and our offices are open M-F 9am to 5pm. We also have a Plant Diagnostic Clinic on Mondays from 1 to 4pm, where the public is welcome to bring in samples for identification. This clinic is staffed by volunteer Master Gardeners who want to help you with your gardening questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Now that it's August, how often should we water our lawn (rock/clay soil); for how long; when (late pm early am); and when do we NOT water? My husband waters every day separate areas (front one day; back the next = X3/week), for approx. 35 min. each station. I say this is TOO much water(ing).
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?