Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my older pine and spruce trees dropping their needles?
Rate This FAQ
If the needles have turned yellow then brown or reddish in color and have fallen from the tip of the branches back to the trunk, it may be damage caused by drought, insects or winter injury. The dropping of older needles near the center of the tree is a natural process. During summer, water trees deeply and infrequently. In early fall and winter, apply adequate water as needed. Keep trees healthy. Borers and beetles attack trees in stress and may cause early death.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?
- I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
- Does it help to aerate in the spring and fall? Also if there is a lot of dead grass and thatch build up would it be beneficial to power rake in the spring?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- I have 30 acres of dry farm high on the west side of cache valley and would like like to cover it with many trees that are likely to survive and will eventually provide shade. What should I plant?
- We live in West Jordan in an area with very clay soil. We would like to plant some low-lying evergreen shrubs in a narrow strip between our RV pad and a short vinyl fence. Do you have any plant recommendations that will work in our soil and don't require a lot of maintenence?