Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Why are my older pine and spruce trees dropping their needles?
Rate This FAQ
If the needles have turned yellow then brown or reddish in color and have fallen from the tip of the branches back to the trunk, it may be damage caused by drought, insects or winter injury. The dropping of older needles near the center of the tree is a natural process. During summer, water trees deeply and infrequently. In early fall and winter, apply adequate water as needed. Keep trees healthy. Borers and beetles attack trees in stress and may cause early death.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I cut back my shrubs?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.
- When is the best time of year to reseed my lawn? The weeds and spurge are out of control. Should I rototill the lawn to remove all the weeds first?
- What fall gardening tasks will help reduce plant pests next year?
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- Do you have tips on planting trees and shrubs?
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?