Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
Rate This FAQ
There are lots of possibilities with your pines. The need for water is most likely, combined with the possibility that they have some winter injury. Water them and wait. The bids should be swelling and new shoots emerging now.
Fall is not the best time for planting because often the trees have been sitting at the nursery all summer. This makes it more likely they were weak when they went in. Spring is best.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a young (~3 year old) brown turkey fig. I planted it last fall and it survived! the winter. It is producing small figs now but the leaves have a brownish gray powdery looking substance on them. It doesn't rub off but looks like powdery spots. Any clue what it might be or what I should do? The leaves remain green and look healthy. This appeared after the recent heavy rains.
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?
- We would like to plant a pasture (about 2 acres). We would like one that creates sod, like a lawn, rather than a bunch grass. It will be used to hold a hillside and eventually to graze a few animals. We could cut it for grass hay also. What would be the best varieties of seed to use for a pasture like this?
- I would like to plant some fruit and nut bearing trees to assist us with our food supply. Are there some trees better than others?
- I have a large, old walnut tree in my front yard. The bark on the east/northeast side of the tree is separating from the trunk. Is this a sign of disease or other problems? And can I peel the bark off the tree or will that hurt the tree?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- Looks like my potted tomato plants have Fusarium Wilt and will soon die. 1)Any thing I can do to save the plants and soil? 2)Can I eat the tomatos?