Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
Rate This FAQ
There are lots of possibilities with your pines. The need for water is most likely, combined with the possibility that they have some winter injury. Water them and wait. The bids should be swelling and new shoots emerging now.
Fall is not the best time for planting because often the trees have been sitting at the nursery all summer. This makes it more likely they were weak when they went in. Spring is best.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have old cottonwoods in my yard. Vines are growing up about 5-6 feet on them (honeysuckle, ivy or virginia creeper) They are dying about on a year for the past 4 years and I lost another one this summer. Are the vines killing them or could it be the age of the trees?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- We have lost 2 pine trees and are now loosing our quaking aspen. It has black spots on leaves and trunk has back on it also. The leaves are falling off. Is there anything that can save the tree?