Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left my carrots in the ground over winter this year without mulching them. Now it is May and they have resumed growing. We pulled a few out and, other than a little bit of woodiness they seem to be okay. Is it safe to eat carrots that have been left so long in the ground with no mulch?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- Do you have nutrient information on fall vegetables?
- Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
- I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
- I have heard that some of my tomatoes have tomato blight. What is it and how do identify it? The leaves on the plants curl and then the plant dies. However, the fruit still sets and matures as the plant is dying.
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.