Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left my carrots in the ground over winter this year without mulching them. Now it is May and they have resumed growing. We pulled a few out and, other than a little bit of woodiness they seem to be okay. Is it safe to eat carrots that have been left so long in the ground with no mulch?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- They sell blueberry bushes at Costco. Can they grow in Utah and if so what kind of soil prep is needed?