Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Last fall I planted a 4-foot tall Arizona cypress (Blue Ice) in my yard. I bought it from a local nursery who assured me it was cold-hardy enough for this area, but by this spring most of the needles on the upper 2/3 of the tree had turned brown. The lower needles that were beneath the snowpack for most of the winter are still green. Is there anything I can do to help this tree recovery (or should I find a different tree that's more cold-hardy)?
Rate This FAQ
It depends on where you live. Arizona Cypress is marginally hardy on the Wasatch Front and fine in the St. George and Moab areas. Colder ares, such as Cache Valley, are not warm enough for the species to survive. It is hardy to 0 to degrees F at best. If you are in a warmer area, many other things could have potentially killed the plant, including improper planting and watering.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I discovered on my peach tree there is a white larvae that has burrowed into the base of the trunk and a sticky peach colored substance is there. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but I only have about five peaches that made it this year. This is the third year for this tree, and when it was only a year oldit produced 35 peaches. Also, there are these black bugs with red heads on the tree that I have never seen before. HELP! I really want to save this tree!
- I have many Chanticleer pear's in my yard. Each year they swarm with Wasps during the day. There are not any nests in them. Is there anything I can do or spray to remove them? They have been swarming many of my Quakies as well. I have read online that it could be from aphids on the trees and the Wasps go after the sugary substance the aphids leave behind. I have noticed on my Quakies that there are small holes on some leaves which might mean aphids, but on the Chanticleer's there are not any holes on the leaves so I don't think aphids would be on those. Please help the wasps are out of control on these trees.
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- The grass under my english walnut tree is not doing well. What can i do to help the grass grow?