Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can citrus and avocado trees be planted and grown successfully in Salt Lake County?
Rate This FAQ
Citrus and avocado trees cannot be grown successfully in our landscape because they are not cold hardy to survive our Utah winters. However, some citrus trees that are on dwarf rootstock can be grown in containers, such as Meyer Lemons or kumquats, which are brought into a heated garage or greenhouse overwinter. Then they can be brought back outdoors when there is no longer a threat of frost.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.