Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.
Rate This FAQ
Photinias can get fire blight. This disease causes the leaves and/or twigs to look like they were burned. Drought or sun scorch can also cause burning on the leaves. If your shrub is against a heat absorbing brick or concrete wall, or a reflective surface, such as a white vinyl fence, the absorbed or reflected heat could cause burn damage.
There is an excellent article with photos of photinias with fire blight for you to compare with your shrub's symptoms. This article will also give suggestions to treat the disease. Go to Google and type in fire blight photinia (or the web site is:http://cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/_a/a-230.html )
If you have further questions, you can call 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?