Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?
Rate This FAQ
Your quaking aspen tree roots could be causing the bumps, or they could be caused by worms. You can dig into the bumps and if they are woody they belong to your tree, if they are just mounds of dirt they belong to your nightcrawlers.
Aeration is very beneficial. It not only helps with compacted soil, but it allows the worms to deposit their castings somewhere other than on the top of the ground. If you have further quesstions, you can call us at 851-8462.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
- Flowering Pear trees. I have some mature "Chanticleer" flowering pears. For the last 2 years, the new foliage has emerged with curled leaves and a white, cottony substance. This condition seems to lessen with the hot weather, but the foliage doesn't seem to totally look healthy like when the trees were younger. What is it and can it be treated?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?