Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our lawn is very bumpy and hard to walk on. Are the quaking aspen tree roots doing this? Should we aerate the lawn or does this cause more problems with the roots?
Rate This FAQ
Your quaking aspen tree roots could be causing the bumps, or they could be caused by worms. You can dig into the bumps and if they are woody they belong to your tree, if they are just mounds of dirt they belong to your nightcrawlers.
Aeration is very beneficial. It not only helps with compacted soil, but it allows the worms to deposit their castings somewhere other than on the top of the ground. If you have further quesstions, you can call us at 851-8462.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What type of grass would hold up to high traffic in a yard facing south (no shade)? We are needing to re-seed or buy sod.
- We have lost 2 pine trees and are now loosing our quaking aspen. It has black spots on leaves and trunk has back on it also. The leaves are falling off. Is there anything that can save the tree?
- Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
- I have a small backyard that has a house on the west and north side, a cinder block wall on the east side and a large tree shading a portion on the south side. Due to the high sides of our yard, we tried some part shade/part sun plants last year. But they got blasted in the heat. Our yard doesn't get 10 hours of sunlight but it gets very hot. Can I sucessfully grow a vegetable garden in part of it up against the houses and plant something along the cinder block wall - preferably grapes or raspberries, or other covering plants (can be non-fruit). Can you recommend a plant we can grow along the wall, both in the shaded and sunny parts? Any recomendations for better use of the space?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- I would like to find out where I can obtain a list of the daily rainfall/precip totals for the Logan area.