Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.