Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?