Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?