Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?