Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?