Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
Rate This FAQ
Raw meats will remain safe in the refrigerator due to the fact that the bad bacteria cannot grow at that temperature. And, proper cooking will kill any bacteria on the meat surface. Spoilage is another matter. Meat spoils in the fridge due to chemical and microbiological reasons. Once it smells bad, it most likely will taste bad.
A good general rule is to freeze any fresh meat within two days if your plans are not to cook them immediately.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?