Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please suggest some good bush rose varieties (not reds)- 3-4'high and 4' wide for a border planting in front of my home. I live in Holladay. Also, will a variegated dogwood tree grow well here if not in full sun?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question about rose varieties that will work for you in Holladay, I will refer you to the Utah Rose Society webpage that has surveyed their avid rose gardeners for favorite varities. Go to this link http://utah-rose.com/UtahVarieties/UtahVarieties.html and look for roses under the categories that have SH following the varieties that denote a shrub rose.
As for dogwood shrub/tree, they do well in the Salt Lake Valley and actually prefer some shade, as the variegated leaves with white are prone to sun scald in direct and full sun. They are drought tolerant, however do better when given some extra moisture.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- I have been told by a tree care company that my ash trees are infected with bores. They can be treated, and the trees should survive. Though my internet research I found ample information on emerald ash bore, however, that the research was largely on trees in Michigan. Would I have emerald ash bores, or do another type of bore exist in Utah? The tree care company suggested treatment in the spring, and another in the summer. Does that sound appropriate?
- We have a flowering Japanese Cherry tree that has bloomed beautiful pink flowers until last spring and this spring. Half of it is white flowers and half is very small pink buds. What has happened? It is about 15 years old.
- Is it good to cut the lawn shorter right before winter? I normally cut my lawn quite high, but it seems like I heard that it is good to cut it shorter for winter. Thanks.
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- I have beautiful hosta and fern plants growing outside. How do I protect them so they will survive the winter? Do I need to dig them up and bring them inside?