Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please suggest some good bush rose varieties (not reds)- 3-4'high and 4' wide for a border planting in front of my home. I live in Holladay. Also, will a variegated dogwood tree grow well here if not in full sun?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question about rose varieties that will work for you in Holladay, I will refer you to the Utah Rose Society webpage that has surveyed their avid rose gardeners for favorite varities. Go to this link http://utah-rose.com/UtahVarieties/UtahVarieties.html and look for roses under the categories that have SH following the varieties that denote a shrub rose.
As for dogwood shrub/tree, they do well in the Salt Lake Valley and actually prefer some shade, as the variegated leaves with white are prone to sun scald in direct and full sun. They are drought tolerant, however do better when given some extra moisture.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- JUST SENT A EMAIL, I GUESS I CAN'T ATTACH A PICTURE OF THE TREE I'M AKING ABOUT, HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF TREES THESE ARE.
- I have recently identified three large plants growing on a stream bed in my yard as water hemlock. From what I have read on-line, this is a very poisonous plant. Supposedly the stalks remain poisonous even when dead. My plants are quite bulky, and would fill at least a few garbage cans if cut down. Can you advise me on how to safely deal with these plants?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?