Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please suggest some good bush rose varieties (not reds)- 3-4'high and 4' wide for a border planting in front of my home. I live in Holladay. Also, will a variegated dogwood tree grow well here if not in full sun?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question about rose varieties that will work for you in Holladay, I will refer you to the Utah Rose Society webpage that has surveyed their avid rose gardeners for favorite varities. Go to this link http://utah-rose.com/UtahVarieties/UtahVarieties.html and look for roses under the categories that have SH following the varieties that denote a shrub rose.
As for dogwood shrub/tree, they do well in the Salt Lake Valley and actually prefer some shade, as the variegated leaves with white are prone to sun scald in direct and full sun. They are drought tolerant, however do better when given some extra moisture.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to prune my lilac bush. What is the best time of year to do so and how much can be cut back and not harm the bush?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- Now that it's August, how often should we water our lawn (rock/clay soil); for how long; when (late pm early am); and when do we NOT water? My husband waters every day separate areas (front one day; back the next = X3/week), for approx. 35 min. each station. I say this is TOO much water(ing).
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
- A landscaping company planted 6 jaquemonti birch in my yard at the end of May. Two of them recently began developing darkish brown leaf spots in the center. They are getting plenty of water. On one of the leaves I found very tiny black insects. I did not find insects on any of the other leaves. What could the problem be and what should I do about it. I picked the infected leaves off that I could reach. I also collected the insects.