Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please suggest some good bush rose varieties (not reds)- 3-4'high and 4' wide for a border planting in front of my home. I live in Holladay. Also, will a variegated dogwood tree grow well here if not in full sun?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question about rose varieties that will work for you in Holladay, I will refer you to the Utah Rose Society webpage that has surveyed their avid rose gardeners for favorite varities. Go to this link http://utah-rose.com/UtahVarieties/UtahVarieties.html and look for roses under the categories that have SH following the varieties that denote a shrub rose.
As for dogwood shrub/tree, they do well in the Salt Lake Valley and actually prefer some shade, as the variegated leaves with white are prone to sun scald in direct and full sun. They are drought tolerant, however do better when given some extra moisture.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our house is in Murray between the Jordan River and the North Jordan Canal. It faces east, so our backyard in on the west side. We have a steep slope of clay soil. We need some trees which would provide shade and privacy. We have tried river birch, blue spruce and a pine. All have died. We have a deep water system for the trees. The needles on our spruce and pine turned brown and dropped off. What kind of trees could we plant under these circumstances?
- I am looking for a shrub or tree that can line my driveway but, the problem is that it is facing the south and gets little to none water. Can you suggest some drought resistant plants that will work for that particular area?
- I had to cut down a large Globe Willow tree in my back yard as it was growing into the power line. I have heard that it is dangerous to burn the wood from a Globe Willow in a fireplace as it emits toxic fumes. Is this true?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?