Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am preparing to sod my front yard in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for a grass that is hardy, drought and weed resistant. I also have a dog that can be somewhat hard on grass. I looked into Zoysia grass, but determined it wasn't a really great grass for this climate. What would you suggest, and where might I find it in Northern Utah?
Rate This FAQ
You are right about Zoysia grass, it is for warmer climates and is very coarse. I think the best lawn for heavy dog or kid traffic is still the Kentucky blue grass. It is not as drought tolerant as some of the other grasses, but holds up the best under traffic.
If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- My lawn has distinct areas that are brown next to healthy areas. The brown areas are covered in small holes.
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- We have a space along the north side of our house that is shady most of the day. We are wondering what we can plant there. It is right beside the house and we would like to put something that is edible in that space? We wanted to put in strawberries but decided it was probably too shady for them.
- My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?