Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
Rate This FAQ
To control the worms in cherries there are a few techniques to determine when to spray. The first is based on fruit color. The small Western Cherry Fruit fly cannot effectively insert an egg into the fruit until it starts to change color from straw-color to a rose blush. Utah State University traps and monitors orchard pests throughout the growing season. Updates regarding determining spray time along with products can be found on the USU Extension website: http://www.utahpests.usu.edu. Some common products include; Spinosad, permethrin, carbaryl, and malathion. Be sure to always follow the label instructions when using chemicals.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Mt aunt has a Italian plum tree. It is very old it has a lot of fruit on it all with little bumps on them. What is causing the little bumps and what is the regemine of what and when to spray if any?
- I have a bartlett pear tree. A Limb is almost black, but growth was still coming out of the ends, so i didn't prune it off the tree all the way in the spring. Now other parts of the tree are turning black, some of the leaves are curling and turning black as well as some of the fruit. Can I save the tree, or do I need to pull it out. Also will this spread to my other two nearby peach and apple tree.
- I have a peach tree that I want to save - it's almost completely dead because of borers. There are some healthy branches on it still, and I'm wondering about the possibility of grafting some of this stock onto another peach tree I have. Where can I find out how to do this?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.
- I have some young apple trees that have sprouts coming up around trunk, i'm told to cut these off and other low branches and stick in soil and roots will develop to plant. Will this work? Am I supposed to cut at angle and put in soil as I'm being told?
- We live in Herriman and have a 25 x 30 foot plot of land that we would like to turn into an orchard. We would like to plant a variety of apples, pears, plums, and peaches. When should we plant? What kinds should we plant? How many of each should we plant? We are total beginners! Are there books or other resources you would recommend to help us that give answers for our specific area?
- I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?
- Our 4 year old peach tree is blossoming and we noticed a "web" full of caterpillars in one of the branch forks. Several of the 1/2 to 3/4 inch larvae were on other branches as well. EEWWW! What do I do?