Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
Rate This FAQ
To control the worms in cherries there are a few techniques to determine when to spray. The first is based on fruit color. The small Western Cherry Fruit fly cannot effectively insert an egg into the fruit until it starts to change color from straw-color to a rose blush. Utah State University traps and monitors orchard pests throughout the growing season. Updates regarding determining spray time along with products can be found on the USU Extension website: http://www.utahpests.usu.edu. Some common products include; Spinosad, permethrin, carbaryl, and malathion. Be sure to always follow the label instructions when using chemicals.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?
- How do I get rid of codling moth?
- We are trying to revive some neglected apple trees that were pretty dried out. We forked up some of the dead grass and sprinkled for a few hours. But the leaves are curled along their axis like a hark cor taco instead of being their normal flat like a tostada selves. Is this a result of too much water, not enough, insects or what?
- Our family has a huge peach orchard and this year we have been having the pit of the peach split in half when you open it and it looks like another "seed" is trying to grow in the middle of it. What is causing this and how do you fix it?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- I have a bartlett pear tree. A Limb is almost black, but growth was still coming out of the ends, so i didn't prune it off the tree all the way in the spring. Now other parts of the tree are turning black, some of the leaves are curling and turning black as well as some of the fruit. Can I save the tree, or do I need to pull it out. Also will this spread to my other two nearby peach and apple tree.
- My wife and I just planted an Autumn Blaze Maple at our home in Syracuse. Do you have any advice for caring for this particular tree? Both in the long term and short term?