Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
Rate This FAQ
To control the worms in cherries there are a few techniques to determine when to spray. The first is based on fruit color. The small Western Cherry Fruit fly cannot effectively insert an egg into the fruit until it starts to change color from straw-color to a rose blush. Utah State University traps and monitors orchard pests throughout the growing season. Updates regarding determining spray time along with products can be found on the USU Extension website: http://www.utahpests.usu.edu. Some common products include; Spinosad, permethrin, carbaryl, and malathion. Be sure to always follow the label instructions when using chemicals.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I prune cherry trees?
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.
- We bought an apple tree to plant on arbor day,but still haven't got to planting it. I've tried to keep it watered and in the sun, but the poor thing is struggling. The leaves appear to be dying on the ends. Will it still survive if we get it in the ground? Also can it be planted in an area that gets a lot of water? It is a Braeburn tree.
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- Do I have borers in my peach trees?
- I would like to plant 2 plum trees and would like to make sure they have sufficient pollination. I would definately like a Italian Plum (Prune) and some other plum that is freestone and good fresh eating with a great flavor. I would like a Satsuma but have read that the european plum and the Japanese plum varieties are not compatible as far as pollination. Would the Santa Rosa be a good substitute for the Satsuma?
- What is the best way to tell when a d'Anjou pear is ready to harvest?