Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
Rate This FAQ
To control the worms in cherries there are a few techniques to determine when to spray. The first is based on fruit color. The small Western Cherry Fruit fly cannot effectively insert an egg into the fruit until it starts to change color from straw-color to a rose blush. Utah State University traps and monitors orchard pests throughout the growing season. Updates regarding determining spray time along with products can be found on the USU Extension website: http://www.utahpests.usu.edu. Some common products include; Spinosad, permethrin, carbaryl, and malathion. Be sure to always follow the label instructions when using chemicals.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When shall I prune my fruit trees?
- A large branch has died on my apple tree. What could have killed it?
- Two Questions, is Malathion the best spray to use on apple and pear trees and is there a way I could get a list of professionals who spray fruit trees?
- I just found black spots on some of the peaches on my peach tree. I cut one peach open and the pit split in half really easily and there were small redish and black spots in the pit. I was wondering what are they, and if there's anything I can do about it?
- I have two new flowering pear trees that are being used as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure what is eating them the leaves have large scallops taken out of them. The lower branches have been affected more than the top ones. Any ideas?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- How do I protect my peach trees from insects?
- How do I prune cherry trees?