Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some problems with native Juniper trees dying(25 ft average height). They start turning yellow (chlorosis has been ruled out) then brown on south side first, then slowly spread to north end of plant. I have cut down one and found no signs of insect damage or disease. Only trees located next to a dirt road(South of trees) are currently affected. They started changing in color last summer. The county does spray for russian thistle on road. Yet no other trees seem to be affected. Can you provide other possible reasons or someone that may be able to come and see them (test them)?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
- Your answer about watering wasn't specific enough for me. My tomatoes have always cracked and it wasn't until last year that I got the vague answer about uneven watering. Now I'm beginning to think that my gallon a day watering of my one little plant was too much. I also have a drip system that waters three times a week just under the soil at the base of the plant. Should I stop being a helicopter mom and leave it just to the drip system? My plant is a foot high, been in the ground with lots of organic material and has a few small tomatoes. Please tell me how much and how often to water.
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- My husband mistakenly put fertilizer with a broad leaf killer in it on our garden. Is there anything we can do to grow things this year? Everything has died sadly.
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- We recently purchased new sod for our yard. It came with small redish brown beetles. I asked the sod company what they were and they didn't know. Are these beetles bad? Will they kill my lawn?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?