Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am in West Valley city, and for the past 3 years my grass has looked really good, and last year, the entire front park lane died, and I now have large areas in the front yard that are dead as well. I have heard of grubs, however I have no idea how to identify what is going on with the grass or how to treat it. You can pull up larges patches of grass easily, there don't appear to be any roots in some areas and I would like my grass to be pretty again. What can you recommend?
Rate This FAQ
If you think that you may have grubs in your lawn the first thing that you will need to do is scout for and find a grub for identification. There are several different types of grubs that love to eat lawn and each has a different life cycle and different control options. I have included links with more information on white grubs, billbugs and sod webworms below. One method that you can use to scout for grubs is to take 2 tablespoons of lemon scented dish soap and mix it with two gallons of water. Poor the water over 1 square foot of turf and wait for the larvae to surface. Be sure to do this either in the morning or the evening to avoid burning your lawn. Once you have larvae you can bring them into our offices at 2001 S. State Street Room S1200 if you need help in identifying the culprit.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
- We have a 3 year old maple tree that seemed to be doing great, but never lost it's leaves last fall. It showed no sign of life this spring and we were ready to replace it. A week or so ago it started sending out leaves at it's crotch. I'm pretty sure the top of the tree is dead. Do we cut it down to it's crotch (losing at least 8 feet of branches)? Will it regain a shape and will it be strong enough to survive the wind? What should we do with this tree?!
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?
- What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
- When do I cut back my shrubs?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- Do you test soil?
- I have about an acre of commercial property that I want to control all vegetation. Is there a good ground sterilizer on the market? Where can I purchase it?