Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Last year my maple tree started losing leaves. I investigated and found it full of earwigs under the bark. I killed the bugs. The bark is falling off, Can I save my tree? It is over 20 years old.
Rate This FAQ
Earwigs are not the damaging agent in this instance. Disease, winter, or physical damage may have caused the inner bark to deteriorate. This is where a plants water and food pipelines exist. Thus, the losing of leaves during the past season was an indicator of troubles. If the damage is not severe the edges of the area in question will begin to swell and seal over this spot. If this is occurring your job will simply be patience.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- I've neglected to do my "last mow" up to this point. We've already had several nights of light frost. My grass is long but I worry about causing even more damage by mowing at this late juncture, mid-November. Are there any risks to mowing grass after the first few frosts?
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- My sycamore tree has brown-reddish spots along the leaf veins. What is it?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?