Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Last year my maple tree started losing leaves. I investigated and found it full of earwigs under the bark. I killed the bugs. The bark is falling off, Can I save my tree? It is over 20 years old.
Rate This FAQ
Earwigs are not the damaging agent in this instance. Disease, winter, or physical damage may have caused the inner bark to deteriorate. This is where a plants water and food pipelines exist. Thus, the losing of leaves during the past season was an indicator of troubles. If the damage is not severe the edges of the area in question will begin to swell and seal over this spot. If this is occurring your job will simply be patience.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am in West Valley city, and for the past 3 years my grass has looked really good, and last year, the entire front park lane died, and I now have large areas in the front yard that are dead as well. I have heard of grubs, however I have no idea how to identify what is going on with the grass or how to treat it. You can pull up larges patches of grass easily, there don't appear to be any roots in some areas and I would like my grass to be pretty again. What can you recommend?
- What is causing the holes in my peach and cherry trees?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- Why are the needles on my spruce tree turning brown and dropping?
- Could you pleae identify the pine-like tree on the north side of our home? The needles are on two sides of the twig rather than on all four sides. They (the needles) are very soft and are dark green. At this time of the year (Sep), the trees bear red berries. The trees are approximately 35 years old and are 12-14 feet tall. Thank you very much for your assistance!
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?