Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
Rate This FAQ
Reveille is a brand name of a hybrid grass that is a cross between a Kentucky Bluegrass and a Texas Bluegrass. It was developed to combine the look and feel of Kentucky Bluegrass with the drought and heat resistance of Texas Bluegrass. This variety tends to use less water than Kentucky Bluegrass but it does not like saline soils and does not recover from very high traffic.
As with any grass selection you want to choose the grass best suited to your conditions. You need to take into consideration things like how much sun or shade your grass will receive, how much foot traffic it will get, your soil conditions, etc. To help determine what grass will work best for your soil conditions you can submit a soil test to the Utah State Analytical Laboratory. The routine test will tell you your soil texture, pH, salinity, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K). I have included a link to their website that will give you more information.
I have also included a link to a fact sheet that gives recommendations for the types of grass that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- How invasive are globe willows? Also, what is the distance they should be from the septic system and water lines, etc?
- Our grass is dying and we suspect a worm/grub problem since we have seen some yellowish worms come up when we have raked the thatch layer. When is the best time to treat to kill the worms? What is best to kill them if we don't know exactly what species they are? How long after treatment can we prepare and plant new grass seed?
- I have tall thin Junipers in my backyard. They resemble a Hollywood Juniper but I am not sure of their species. They are 25 years old and have begun to look like they are dying, the needles are turning brown and falling off. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- How do I know when to pick my fruit?
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?