Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
Rate This FAQ
Reveille is a brand name of a hybrid grass that is a cross between a Kentucky Bluegrass and a Texas Bluegrass. It was developed to combine the look and feel of Kentucky Bluegrass with the drought and heat resistance of Texas Bluegrass. This variety tends to use less water than Kentucky Bluegrass but it does not like saline soils and does not recover from very high traffic.
As with any grass selection you want to choose the grass best suited to your conditions. You need to take into consideration things like how much sun or shade your grass will receive, how much foot traffic it will get, your soil conditions, etc. To help determine what grass will work best for your soil conditions you can submit a soil test to the Utah State Analytical Laboratory. The routine test will tell you your soil texture, pH, salinity, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K). I have included a link to their website that will give you more information.
I have also included a link to a fact sheet that gives recommendations for the types of grass that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I know when to pick my fruit?
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- I have a son that lives in west Eagle Mt. We Put in sod for a lawn about two years ago and for two seasons it did great. Half of it is now dead and the other half is struggling. Prior to putting down sod, the ground was thoroughly tilled and lots of compost material was added (the kind that is made available in some green recycling yards and mixed with treated effluent from the sewage treatment plant.) Nitrogen was also added to the soil and the lawn was watered regularly. What has happened and what can I do to get a good lawn here?
- My blue spruce shrubs are turning brown and look like they are dying. What is wrong?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?