Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
Rate This FAQ
Reveille is a brand name of a hybrid grass that is a cross between a Kentucky Bluegrass and a Texas Bluegrass. It was developed to combine the look and feel of Kentucky Bluegrass with the drought and heat resistance of Texas Bluegrass. This variety tends to use less water than Kentucky Bluegrass but it does not like saline soils and does not recover from very high traffic.
As with any grass selection you want to choose the grass best suited to your conditions. You need to take into consideration things like how much sun or shade your grass will receive, how much foot traffic it will get, your soil conditions, etc. To help determine what grass will work best for your soil conditions you can submit a soil test to the Utah State Analytical Laboratory. The routine test will tell you your soil texture, pH, salinity, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K). I have included a link to their website that will give you more information.
I have also included a link to a fact sheet that gives recommendations for the types of grass that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- I have about an acre of commercial property that I want to control all vegetation. Is there a good ground sterilizer on the market? Where can I purchase it?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?