Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
Rate This FAQ
Reveille is a brand name of a hybrid grass that is a cross between a Kentucky Bluegrass and a Texas Bluegrass. It was developed to combine the look and feel of Kentucky Bluegrass with the drought and heat resistance of Texas Bluegrass. This variety tends to use less water than Kentucky Bluegrass but it does not like saline soils and does not recover from very high traffic.
As with any grass selection you want to choose the grass best suited to your conditions. You need to take into consideration things like how much sun or shade your grass will receive, how much foot traffic it will get, your soil conditions, etc. To help determine what grass will work best for your soil conditions you can submit a soil test to the Utah State Analytical Laboratory. The routine test will tell you your soil texture, pH, salinity, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K). I have included a link to their website that will give you more information.
I have also included a link to a fact sheet that gives recommendations for the types of grass that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?
- I have 30 acres of dry farm high on the west side of cache valley and would like like to cover it with many trees that are likely to survive and will eventually provide shade. What should I plant?
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?