Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
Rate This FAQ
Reveille is a brand name of a hybrid grass that is a cross between a Kentucky Bluegrass and a Texas Bluegrass. It was developed to combine the look and feel of Kentucky Bluegrass with the drought and heat resistance of Texas Bluegrass. This variety tends to use less water than Kentucky Bluegrass but it does not like saline soils and does not recover from very high traffic.
As with any grass selection you want to choose the grass best suited to your conditions. You need to take into consideration things like how much sun or shade your grass will receive, how much foot traffic it will get, your soil conditions, etc. To help determine what grass will work best for your soil conditions you can submit a soil test to the Utah State Analytical Laboratory. The routine test will tell you your soil texture, pH, salinity, phosphorous (P) and potassium (K). I have included a link to their website that will give you more information.
I have also included a link to a fact sheet that gives recommendations for the types of grass that work well in our area.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- Do you have tips for making my yard more colorful this spring?
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- Do you have tips for success with African violets?