Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
Rate This FAQ
Yes, there are two insect species that eat puncturevine (Tribulus terrestris) and that have been distributed widely throughout western North America as biological control agents. They are two species of weevils of the genus Microlarinus, and their immature stages are "worm-like". They are thought to have reduced numbers of puncturevine significantly in California. They have been introduced repeatedly to Utah over the years, but without lasting success. Apparently our climate is too cold during the winter for them.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a Bartlett pear tree that has black spots on the leaves and holes chewed on some leaves and a few curled up leaves. Could you tell me what to spray for these problems?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- We tilled our garden and planted peas and lettuce about three weeks ago. Nothing has come up yet. We were talking to our neighbor yesterday, and he told us that about 30-40 years ago, in a fit of vexation, the former owner spread an industrial strength soil sterilizing chemical on the area in which we planted our garden. He further explained that weeds have only started to grow in that area in the past 5-10 years. This information has caused my wife to give up on trying to cultivate this area. Should we give up? What can we do to amend the soil in this area?
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?