Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I find a vegetable garden planting schedule guide for the Salt Lake Valley area?
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension publication "Home Vegetable Garden Variety Recommendations for Utah" includes an informative chart on the last page that tells when to plant which vegetables.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- when should I plaint string beans
- When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- I would like to know the cost of nematodes for flower gardens and where I might be able to purchase some or have some mailed to me here in Farmington. Is there somewhere along the Wasatch Front I can purchase this type of nematodes?
- Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?
- We moved here recently into a brand new neighborhood and are just now having a landscape Co. come in and lay sprinklers, top soil and sod. We will be planting bushes and trees. Question: Is it a waste of money, time and effort to try to establish perennials at this late date into virgin soil? Or should I wait until spring to do that part of establishing a flower garden?
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?