Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have flowering plum trees in our yard next to the driveway. I would like to stop them from having fruit, is there anything I can spray on them to have them stop producing fruit? If so what is it and when do I spray?
Rate This FAQ
There a couple things you can do. There is a product called Florel Fruit Eliminator - a hormone that you spray on. You should be able to find it at a good nursery. The word is that it works well the first year and then not as well in succeeding years. It seems as though the trees develop an immunity to it. Another way would be to use the garden hose and physically spray the tree when in bloom to knock off the blossoms.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I prune cherry trees?
- I have a bartlett pear tree. A Limb is almost black, but growth was still coming out of the ends, so i didn't prune it off the tree all the way in the spring. Now other parts of the tree are turning black, some of the leaves are curling and turning black as well as some of the fruit. Can I save the tree, or do I need to pull it out. Also will this spread to my other two nearby peach and apple tree.
- I live out in Magna and I was wondering if it's feasable and/or successful to attempt to grow a plum tree from a seed? When should I start?
- I have a peach tree that I want to save - it's almost completely dead because of borers. There are some healthy branches on it still, and I'm wondering about the possibility of grafting some of this stock onto another peach tree I have. Where can I find out how to do this?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- Apricots and peaches--what causes the reddish or purple-brown spots on new leaves, buds, shoots and fruit?
- Our bosic pear tree bears lots of sweet juicy fruit however they have an area around the core that seems to be gritty which makes canning difficult after cutting that part of the fruit out there isn't much left. How can we correct this problem with out fruit.
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?