Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
Weevils are small beetles. Moths have a caterpillar stage, but are not weevils. Weevils are common grain infesting pests. Store grain in plastic buckets with dry ice or oxygen absorbers to kill live weevils or moths. If there are eggs, they won't be killed during that treatment. They can be killed by retreating the grain with dry ice of oxygen absorbers at a alater date. This publication http://extension.usu.edu/files/foodpubs/fn371.pdf can help give more details.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- How long can I keep stored foods?